Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How does solaris recursive scp work? Post 302422715 by DougyC on Wednesday 19th of May 2010 07:45:14 AM
Old 05-19-2010
MySQL

Hi,

scp is not doing any recursive searching here.

It's the same as doing a
Code:
ls -R *.txt

. Try that and you will get the same result.

The command is only matching *.txt in the current directory. If your zero.txt file was a directory it would copy it and all of it's contents.

Does that help?

Last edited by DougyC; 05-19-2010 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: typo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SCP from one solaris box to another without copying links

I am doing a scp (directory)from one solaris box to another.The problem is that all links present in that directory also get copied .I do not want the links to get copied .currently I am using following syntax scp -rvp pcserver info@appudemo.sea.us.wam.net:/home/info I checked the man... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: u449064
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP file transfer command on solaris

I need to transfer multiple files using SCP between two solaris machines. Can somebody explain how to achieve that ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthum
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Need An Idea On How Solaris Work

PLS AM A NEWBE IN SOLARIS AND I NEED A GOOD MATERIAL ON HOW SOLARIS WORK.ie, THE INTERNAL WORKINGS OF SOLARIS. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba
2 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

HD Controller does not Work in Solaris

Hi, I'm attempting to build a raid Z NAS using solaris, but I only have 4 sata ports on my MB, so I bought a Rosewill RC-211 PCIe controller (adds 2 sata II ports). I'm new to solaris, but I understand that to add a new drive, you first run #devfsadm, which puts the files into /dev/dsk. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciscocbee
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp : recursive copy doesn't work

Hi I have a problem with scp command : I try to copy a list of files from source to destination, it works fine but if there is a directory not existing on destination, it doesn't automatic create. Syntax : scp -rp /<PATH>/<NEW_DIR>/<FILE> <USER_DEST>@<HOST_DEST>:<PATH>/<NEW_DIR>/<FILE>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP command through ITIM does not work

Hi, We have two Linux box (Machine A and Machine B). Standalone application(ITIM) running on Machine A. Target file to copy is available on Machine B. SSH Handshaking done between Machine A and Machine B using normal user "ssh". Standalone application running on Machine A under user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish_gauns
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp command solaris to windows

Can I use scp command to throw a file from my Solaris box to Windows under this path "C:\work\SSL" ? If so, Please help me with a syntax. Also help me with any alternatives I can try. Solaris ----> Windows . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
2 Replies

8. Solaris

SCP/SFTP- Stalled- solaris

hello all, I am getting the following error with the SCP/Sftp is getting stalled on solaris 10 . pxxx_xxx_SOLARIS64_1of7.zip 0% 2068KB 0.0KB/s - stalled -Write failed: Broken pipe pxxx_xxx_SOLARIS64_1of7.zip ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sojourner
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Redirection does not work in Solaris

Hi all, i have been trying to direct o/p of one command to file, but i don get any entries in file but ouptput get displayed on command prompt. I have tried many options but still , it does not work. please guide. here is the command -bash-3.00$ /usr/local/bin/sudo lpstat -p | grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

10. Solaris

scp multiple files without pattern on Solaris

I need to transfer multiple files using scp between two solaris machines. I could not use pattern since they match with other files in the same directory. I tried the below command, it does not copy any files. $ scp -p user@machine1:/home/fid1/staging/\{a.ksh,b.ksh,c.ksh,d.ksh\} . But... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: marecar
7 Replies
PARALLEL-SCP(1) 														   PARALLEL-SCP(1)

NAME
parallel-scp - parallel versions of scp SYNOPSIS
parallel-scp [OPTIONS] -h hosts.txt local remote DESCRIPTION
pssh provides a number of commands for executing against a group of computers, using SSH. It's most useful for operating on clusters of homogenously-configured hosts. parallel-scp copy files in parallel to a set of machines. OPTIONS
-r --recursive recusively copy directories (OPTIONAL) -h --hosts hosts file (each line "host[:port] [user]") -l --user username (OPTIONAL) -p --par max number of parallel threads (OPTIONAL) -o --outdir output directory for stdout files (OPTIONAL) -e --errdir output directory for stderr files (OPTIONAL) -t --timeout timeout (secs) (-1 = no timeout) per host (OPTIONAL) -O --options SSH options (OPTIONAL) -v --verbose turn on warning and diagnostic messages (OPTIONAL) EXAMPLE
The following example runs hostname on three machines (IPs or hostnames) specified in the file ips.txt using login irb2 and saves the output in /tmp/foo. # parallel-scp -h ips.txt -l irb2 /etc/hosts /tmp/hosts Success on 128.112.152.122:22 Success on 18.31.0.190:22 Success on 128.232.103.201:22 ENVIRONMENT
All four programs take similar sets of options. All of these options can be set using the following environment variables: o PSSH_HOSTS o PSSH_USER o PSSH_PAR o PSSH_OUTDIR o PSSH_VERBOSE o PSSH_OPTIONS SEE ALSO
parallel-ssh(1), parallel-slurp(1), parallel-nuke(1), parallel-rsync(1), ssh(1), scp(1), AUTHOR
Brent N. Chun <bnc@theether.org> COPYING
Copyright: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Brent N. Chun NOTES
1. bnc@theether.org mailto:bnc@theether.org 03/30/2009 PARALLEL-SCP(1)