Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl - force matching
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl - force matching Post 302422605 by summer_cherry on Wednesday 19th of May 2010 01:22:02 AM
Old 05-19-2010
thanks, but still not word

hi all,

thanks very much for your reply.

probably i did not express myself clearly.

please refer to below code and expected output.

actually what i need is:
1> if no match, just let greedy * eat out the following
2> if match, should not eat out

code:
Code:
my @arr=("This is a testing string","This is a tesing string");
map {print $1,"\n" if /This.*?(test)?.*$/} @arr;
print "--\n";

expect output:
Code:
test (here there do have test, so have to force math)
(here no match, so just nothing)
--

Last edited by summer_cherry; 05-23-2010 at 10:47 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

force use of specific Perl library

I am calling a Perl script that uses Net::FTP; from Oracle's Concurrent Request Manager and it fails becuase Oracle's version of Perl doesn't include the NET::FTP library's. The AIX box the script runs on has Perl installed with the needed library's, does anyone know how I can force my script to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: methos
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl pattern matching

hi i am trying to get digits inside brackes from file , whose structure is defined below CREATE TABLE TELM (SOC_NO CHAR (3) NOT NULL, TXN_AMOUNT NUMBER (17,3) SIGN_ON_TIME CHAR (8) TELLER_APP_LIMIT NUMBER (17,3) FIL01 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Pattern Matching !!! Help

Hello I got the below one from in one of this forums For Ex: Loading File System Networking in nature now i need to extract the patterns between the words File and Networking : i.e. sample output: System cmd used : cat <file> | sed 's/.*File //' | sed 's/Closing.*$//' Actually... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxmave
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching words in Perl

Hi, I have an array in which one column can contain any statement. From multiple rows of that column I want to match the statement like "Execution Started." If that row contains "Execution started." then only I have to fetch other data of other columns of that particular row. I dont want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl -Pattern Matching help..!

Hi, I got doubt in Pattern matching, could you tell me how the following differs in action ?? if ( $line1==/$line2/ ) if ( $line1=~/$line2/ ) if ( $line1=~m/$line2/) What is the significance of '~' in matching. Thanks in advance CoolBhai (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolbhai
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl pattern matching!!

Hi experts, I have many occurances of the following headers in a file. I need to grep for the word changed/inserted in the header, calculate the difference between the two numbers and list the count incrementally. Headers in a file look like this: ------------------- ---------------------... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmattam
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hidden Characters in Regular Expression Matching Perl - Perl Newbie

I am completely new to perl programming. My father is helping me learn said programming language. However, I am stuck on one of the assignments he has given me, and I can't find very much help with it via google, either because I have a tiny attention span, or because I can be very very dense. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittyluva2
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: array matching

Hi, I have two files like this file 1: xxtcgtatccgaggga cgcgcgggggagg jjsjjjjsjjjdtcgtat aaaaaaacccaaan ggtcgtatffaadda gggctggalllslllssdkk file 2: tcgtat gctggaI want to 1) match each element of file2 to each element of file1. 2) delete all the matched alphabets and subsequent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: polsum
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with perl pattern matching

My log file looks as given below, its actually a huge file around 1 GB and these are some of the line: conn=5368758 op=10628050 msgId=64 - RESULT err=0 tag=101 nentries=1 etime=0 conn=7462122 op=-1 msgId=-1 - fd=247 slot=247 LDAPS connection from 10.13.18.12:37645 to 10.18.6.45 conn=7462122... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching in Perl

Hi, I have a list of IP, eg : 192.168.0.15 192.168.0.24 192.168.2.110 192.168.2.200 And I would like the shortest pattern who match with '192.168.0' and '192.168.2' (without the last dot and number). (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: X-Or
7 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)