Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to obtain DNS Zone transfer settings on Sun OS 5.7 Post 302422545 by Fhistleb on Tuesday 18th of May 2010 05:00:55 PM
Old 05-18-2010
How to obtain DNS Zone transfer settings on Sun OS 5.7

I have an old Sun SparcStation 5 that is running Sun OS 5.7, I'm not sure which commands would allow me to obtain the DNS zone transfer settings?
1.) I'm needing to know if the zone transfers are enabled.
2.) If it is enabled, does it transfer to specific servers
3.) If so, how do I go about changing that information?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

bind zone transfer?

Hi all, How to deny any zone transfer out of my host??? bind 8.2.3 Thank you all, Regards :D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solvman
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

zone transfer - free site

Dear all, Did anyone in this forum know site that offer free DNS zone transfer? if anyon know, please reply my message. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknown2205
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Bind zone transfer recategorises zone file?

Hi, I have a primary/slave Bind 9 setup running on a Solaris 10 platform. Everything is hunky dorey, except for when I make a zone file change and up the serial the file that is transferred to the slave looses all its comments, and the entries are place in alphabetical order. I administer many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fulhamfcboy
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

DNS Zone Help

My email keeps being sent as spam, so I contacted my host and they told me I needed to update my DNS zone to add an SPF record. I really don't know how to do this, so if anyone could help me out, I will marry you. Here's the current DNS zone: "evadehost.com.db" 27L, 720C ; cPanel... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Serenade
1 Replies

5. Solaris

DNS settings

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how DNS settings can be made effective after changing the resolv.conf file. I don't want to shut down and restart, so I'm looking for a possible process that I can stop and start. However, I'm not having any luck finding information to do so. Does anyone know if... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bad-ash
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Java Solaris 10 Zone settings

I have the following situation 1) Start JBoss Server 1 2) Within application - print as normal 3) Start JBoss Server 2 4) Printing STOPS on Server 1; Printing does NOT WORK on Server 2 Only solution is to stop Server 2; Restart Server 1 Then Printing works as normal. Doung a truss... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmm
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Creating A Solaris Zone - Unable to install - Are network settings required?

Hi i have created a solaris zone but have not yet connected any network cables for this new zone, can i set the zone up without running the command 'add net' and not adding an ip or physical interface? i tried to add dummy internet settings and get this zonecfg:coddr> add net... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbiesolaris10
4 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Central Location for all ssh Keys and Settings Unattended Secure File Transfer

I am developing an application that submits command line file transfers using ssh (Sun to Sun) and Tectia ssh (Sun to Windows Server) embedded in the code. Potentially many different trusted people will start the programs. Is there a way to have all the settings and keys localized so that there is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PowersThatB
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

[Solved] DNS settings with www and without

I'm no DNS expert, and I'm hoping someone would be able to help me with this issue I'm facing. I have a set of links in the following schema: http://somedomain.com/xyz http://somedomain.com/abc http://somedomain.com/123 and they are pointing to content at: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeepakS
1 Replies

10. Solaris

DNS zone transfer Problem.

Hi All , I have 2 DNS servers (BIND 9.6.1 -Solaris 10) .Its configured as master ,slave serves .Now i am recieving error messages related to zone transfer in both the servers as mentioned below . Primar Server named: client x.x.x.x#40825: transfer of './IN': sending zone data: ran... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep.tk
1 Replies
dns_browse(1)						      General Commands Manual						     dns_browse(1)

NAME
dns_tree -- command-line frontend to dig SYNOPSIS
dns_tree [-f] [-v] [-d] [-t TYPE] [-m MATCH] DNS_domain DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the dns_tree command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. dns_tree is a program that works as a front-end to dig. Given a specific domain dns_tree will make several dig invocations to fetch a zone and it will format the output in in a somewhat sensible hierarchical style (a tree). Information extracted from the DNS relies on being possible to fetch a zone through a zone transfer. If the DNS servers for the requested domain do not allow file transfers dns_tree will not be able to obtain information from the zone. All data obtain is cached in ~/.DNS_BROWSE with an approximation of the usual DNS caching rules. Remove all files in that directory to prematurely flush the cache. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -t TYPE Show only records of TYPE. This argument can be repeated to indicate multiple types. Use the "all" type to print all the known types. -m MATCH Show only records in which the first component matches the PERL regexpt MATCH. -h Show summary of options. -v Enable verbose mode. All DNS requests are printed in the standard error. -d Enable debug output. Presents internal information of the program -f Override warnings (force). SEE ALSO
dig (1), dns_browse (1), perlrequick (1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Javier Fernandez-Sanguino jfs@debian.org for the Debian system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version pub- lished by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. dns_browse(1)