Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Gathering data from complex/large dataspreads .txt format Post 302422499 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 18th of May 2010 02:45:01 PM
Old 05-18-2010
Please post the file in text format (instead of a picture) and the desired output between code tags.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data gathering script

I am pretty new at shell scripting, but I managed to make a primative shell script to connect from my webserver (bluehost) to an external data server via ftp or sftp or whatever I need. This script is : #!/bin/sh HOST='ftp.host.com' USER='username' PASSWD='password' FILE='file' ftp -n... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mesoeast
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK CSV to TXT format, TXT file not in a correct column format

HI guys, I have created a script to read 1 column in a csv file and then place it in text file. However, when i checked out the text file, it is not in a column format... Example: CSV file contains name,age aa,11 bb,22 cc,33 After using awk to get first column TXT file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdap
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gathering data using SAR

Hi everyone, I would like to ask if it is possible to gather SAR data on a specified time. let say yesterdays report, i want to get data at around 12PM and 5PM. thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwiggler
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

What is the best tools for performance data gathering and analysis?

Dear Guru, IHAC who complaint that his CentOS is getting performance issue. I have to help him out of there. Could you please tell me which tools is better to gathering the whole system performance data? -- CPU/Memory/IO(disk & Network)/swap I would like the tools could be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: devyfong
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use Regex to identify / format a complex string

First of all, please have mercy on me. I am not a noob to programming, but I am about as noob as you can get with regex. That being said, I have a problem. I've got a string that looks something like this: Publication - Bob M. Jones, Tony X. Stark, and Fred D. Man, \"Really Awesome Article... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: egill
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Ssmtp -t < /path/to/the/message.txt (How to format message.txt for html email)

ssmtp has been running well under Kubuntu 12.04.1 for plain text messages. I would like to send html messages with ssmtp -t < /path/to/the/message.txt, but I cannot seem to get the message.txt file properly formatted. I have tried various charsets, Content-Transfer-Encoding, rearranging the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronald B
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to format one txt file to required format

Hello Everyone, I have one source file which is genarated by SAP in different format(Which I've never seen). I need to convert that file to required format and I need to read this target file from Datastage to use this in my Jobs. So I do not have any other options except to use Unix script to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathyu
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gathering data in columns from multiple files

Hello world! I need to gather all the data from different folders and copy it in an one unique text file in columns format. Let me explain, letīs say "a, b, c" are 3 data files of thousands and thousands lines (in the reality, I have nearly one hundred). "a, b, c" are located in the folders... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: user10600
5 Replies
GETINFO(1)						      General Commands Manual							GETINFO(1)

NAME
getinfo - get header information from a RADIANCE file SYNOPSIS
getinfo [ -d ][ file .. ] getinfo - DESCRIPTION
Getinfo reads the header of each RADIANCE file and writes it to the standard output. Octree and picture files are in a binary format, which makes it difficult to determine their content. Therefore, a few lines of text are placed at the beginning of each file by the RADI- ANCE program that creates it. The end of the header information and the start of the data is indicated by an empty line. The -d option can be used to print the dimensions of an octree or picture file instead. For an octree, getinfo -d prints the bounding cube (xmin ymin zmin size). For a picture, getinfo -d prints the y and x resolution (-Y yres +X xres). If no file is given, the standard input is read. The second form of getinfo with a hyphen simply removes the header and copies the body of the file from the standard input to the standard output. EXAMPLE
To print the header information from scene1.oct and scene2.hdr: getinfo scene1.oct scene2.hdr AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
oconv(1), pfilt(1), rhinfo(1), rpict(1), rvu(1) RADIANCE
1/15/99 GETINFO(1)