Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Compilation problem with Posix Mes Q Post 302422376 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 18th of May 2010 08:35:31 AM
Old 05-18-2010
I'm guressing you are on Solaris -- you need
Code:
gcc myprog.c -o myprog -lrt

If you are on another platform the problem may be something else.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

compilation problem

I am compiling a software named wine When i run make then at the end following error generated. DVAPI32_ -foversion.res version.rc ld.so.1: ../../tools/wrc/wrc: fatal: relocation error: file ../../tools/wrc/wrc: symbol wine_casemap_upper: referenced symbol not found *** Signal 9 make:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
0 Replies

2. Programming

compilation problem

i have a class name 1.c in tht i am using function n wich has his body in 2.c and declaration in 2.h now how can i compile 1.c. ex; 1.c int main() { //some data n(10); //somedata } ***** 2.c int n(int k) { //some data } int main() { some data (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
2 Replies

3. Programming

Compilation problem on HP-UX

Hi, Environment : HP-UX avalon B.11.11 U 9000/800 3547052374 unlimited-user license aCC version :aCC: HP ANSI C++ B3910B A.03.37 I need to find a way out of this errors.can anyone help me . $ aCC db.cc -I$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/public -I/disk1/oracle/product/10.2.0.2/* Error (future)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varuntayur
1 Replies

4. Solaris

A compilation problem when using templates

Hello life savers, I'm having trouble compiling a specific program. The program was originally written for gcc and was compiled successfully under it. When trying to compile under Solaris 11, I get this error: "Hashtable.h", line 170: Error: Could not find a match for hash needed in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yp515
2 Replies

5. Programming

Problem with POSIX pthreads and virtual memory

Hi, i have this code... in order to test my problem... #include <stdio.h> #include <iostream> #include <pthread.h> static void* cliente(void *datos); int main() { pthread_attr_t tattr; int ret; size_t size = PTHREAD_STACK_MIN + 0x0100; ret =... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JEscola
8 Replies

6. AIX

Pro C Compilation problem

Hi, I have AIX 5.3 and my code is written in proc . i am getting following error during compilation Please help?////..... :-d: Compiling with RMS cc -w -q32 -qidirfirst -ISource/Header -I/usr/vacpp/include -q32 -DRMS -DDISEC -DDBG -DBIGENDIAN -DBIT32 -c -q32... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
0 Replies

7. AIX

Compilation problem

hi, I first want to apologize for my poor english ! I'm a newbe on Unix system and I have to install NRPE on an AIX 5.3. I have downloaded the NRPE Source code and i need to compile them... the problem is, when I do a: ./configure --enable-command-args --disable-ssl it returns me :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cyr1us
1 Replies

8. Programming

C Compilation problem

Dear all I am new to C programming In response to the post cat get_time.c #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/time.h> main() { struct timeval tv; struct timezone tz; struct tm *tm; gettimeofday(&tv, &tz); tm=localtime(&tv.tv_sec); printf("... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: on9west
2 Replies

9. AIX

Problem in compilation.

Hi, I am executing the below mentioned code:- proc SQLCHECK=SEMANTICS iname=CDBInteractor.pc parse=none code=cpp cpp_suffix=cpp g++ -c main.cpp g++ -o pre_request_engine main.o -I/oracle/oracle/app/product/10g/precomp -L/oracle/oracle/app/product/10g/lib32 -lnsl -ldl And... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_tus
2 Replies

10. Programming

A weird problem with POSIX function

Hi all, Sorry for the title because I didn't find a proper name for it. My question is about POSIX functions, such as timer_create(), mq_open() and pthread_create(). void test_queue() { struct mq_attr attr; attr.mq_maxmsg = 10; attr.mq_msgsize = 64; mq_unlink("/my_test_queue");... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bus147
6 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)