Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change specific occurence with sed Post 302422332 by rany1 on Tuesday 18th of May 2010 06:17:10 AM
Old 05-18-2010
Thx all for your responses, but ygemici, I tried yours and it returns an error for me ...

Code:
$ sed '/\[Sdp\]/{;n;n; s/port=2233/port=6677/;p;d;q}' inputfile
sed: command garbled: /\[Sdp\]/{;n;n; s/port=2233/port=6677/;p;d;q}

I'm using a :
SunOS 5.10 Generic_118833-36 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240

Regs,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED 4.1.4 - INI File Change Problem in Variables= in Specific [Sections] (Guru Help)

GNU sed version 4.1.4 on Windows XP SP3 from GnuWin32 I think that I've come across a seemingly simple text file change problem on a INI formatted file that I can't do with SED without side effects edge cases biting me. I've tried to think of various ways of doing this elegantly and quickly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JakFrost
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using SED to change a specific word's color?

Ok so all i'm trying to do here is output a file and change the color of a specific word. I can't use grep with color because I need all lines of the file not just lines that match the pattern. I can get this substitution to work but when it displays it shows exactly what i'm putting it rather... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrEddy
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change first occurence

I'm not getting the syntax correct to change a line only on the first occurrence: I've tried to change only the first match and I've tried to change the from the second match forward sed 's/<B>PT#/<tr><td class=\"pt1\" width=\"40%\"><B>pt#/1' $file > tmpfile.html sed ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba_frog
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search specific pattern in file and return number of occurence

Hi I want to search for a specific pattern in file Say ABC;HELLO_UNIX_WORLD;PQR ABC;HELLO_UNIX_WORLD_IS_NOT_ENOUGH;XYZ ABC;HELLO_UNIX_FORUM;LMN Pattern to search is : "HELLO_UNIX_*****" and not "HELLO_UNIX_***_***_" I mean after "HELLO_UNIX" there can only be one word.In this case... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number each occurence using sed

hi, I need to number each occurrence of a pattern within a file using sed. Given object 0000 object 111 object 222 I need following 1.object 0000 2.object 111 3.object 222 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xerox
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed second occurence error

Hi Guys, i'm trying to use sed to replace the second occurrence of the 3 digit number in an I.P address and replace it with another value but it errors out. please advise $ cat infil 3538,,,,,,ID,ID1,,,,,,,,,,,123.110.24.5 sed 's/\{1,3\}\./x\./\2/' infil sed: -e expression #1, char... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

start searching a word from the particular record on the result of first occurence change the value

Hi, I need a script to start searching a word from the particular record on the result of first occurence i need to change the value in that record. I have a input file like this <properties> <add key="DeliveryWithinDay" value="False" /> <add key="ABC" value="23:00:00 PM" /> <add... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NareshN
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add character to specific columns using sed or awk and make it a permanent change

Hi, I am writing a shell script where I want that # should be added in all those lines as the first character where the pattern matches. file has lot of functions defined a.sh #!/bin/bash fn a { beautiful evening sunny day } fn b { } fn c { hello world .its a beautiful day ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashima jain
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to change values after a specific string

Hello I have a script that searches a file for a specific string and then changes the nth column after that string. I have searched online for how to do this with sed but have not seemed to find a solution that works for me. I am using bash. Some background info: - Currently I am using awk to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prodigious8
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to change a specific column and in a specific row

I am trying to change the number in bold to 2400 01,000300032,193631306,190619,0640,1,80,,2/ 02,193631306,000300032,1,190618,0640,CAD,2/ I'm not sure if sed or awk is the answer. I was going to use sed and do a character count up to that point, but that column directly before 0640 might... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: juggernautjoee
8 Replies
XvGrabPort(3)                                                     libXv Functions                                                    XvGrabPort(3)

NAME
XvGrabPort - lock port for exclusive use by client SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/Xvlib.h> int XvGrabPort(Display *dpy, XvPortID port, Time time); ARGUMENTS
dpy Specifies the connection to the X server. port Defines the port to be grabbed. time Specifies the request timestamp. DESCRIPTION
XvGrabPort(3) grabs a port. Once a client grabs a port, only that client can make video requests to that port. If the time is before the current port time, the XvGrabPort request is ignored and XvInvalidTime is returned. If the port is already grabbed by another client, XvAlreadyGrabbed is returned. Otherwise it returns a status of Success. The port time is updated when the fol- lowing requests are processed: XvGrabPort(3), XvUngrabPort(3), XvPutVideo(3), XvPutStill(3), XvGetVideo(3), XvGetStill(3). If the port is actively processing video for another client, the video is preempted, and an XvVideoNotify event with detail XvPreempted is generated for its drawable. RETURN VALUES
[Success] Returned if XvGrabPort(3) completed successfully. [XvInvalidTime] Returned if requested time is older than the current port time. [XvAlreadyGrabbed] Returned if the port is already grabbed by another client. [XvBadExtension] Returned if the Xv extension is unavailable. [XvBadAlloc] Returned if XvGrabPort(3) failed to allocate memory to process the request. DIAGNOSTICS
[XvBadPort] Generated if the requested port does not exist. SEE ALSO
XvUngrabPort(3), XvVideoNotify(3) X Version 11 libXv 1.0.7 XvGrabPort(3)