Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help Running Loop Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help Running Loop Script Post 302422283 by frans on Tuesday 18th of May 2010 03:08:31 AM
Old 05-18-2010
Code:
$ cat lastlogin_1
:allow:davidw,simonk,katrinad,elizabeo,rachelm,jodiew,carolep,timj,colleenh,audreys,angelal:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
USERS=$(awk -F: '{print $3}' lastlogin_1 | tr ',' '\n')
for U in $USERS
do
    echo "$U" # Just for testing purpose
    # and further processing
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

running command in while loop

I have a script that users a while read, whithin this I want to execute the cp -i command on some of the results, however because it is in a loop it skips the -i part of cp. How do I get the loop to stop each time cp -i is run and wait for the user to type the response. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script in INFINITE LOOP

Hi All, I have a requirement as below. I supposed to get a file from Source system once in a month. But we dont know when the source system will send the file. My script has to wait for that file in LOOP once it gets the file then it has to FTP the file. I thought of scheduling the job... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop when process running

Hi Gurus, Could you please help me to create a shell script that will be started by a cron job once every night at 24.00 h (that should bee easy:)) The shell script should control every 30 seconds the name of a process, and when the process doesn't run anymore it should execute a few further... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackwire
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop and running 2 commands at once?

HI. I am trying to run 2 commands, using the "for x in a b c d" loop but i am having a hard time coding it... Here is what i have so far: for SERVER in SERVERA SERVERB SERVERC SERVERD SERVERE do ############################################################################### #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stephan
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in running while loop inside a shell script

I have an input file at ./$1.txt with content of seq numbers like : 1234567890 1234589700 . . so on.. I need to take each seq nbr from the input file ,run the query below: select ackname,seqnbr from event where event_text like '%seqnbr( from the input file)' and redirect the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

While Loop not running

echo "The recreate was successfully completed for device file $LCL_CLN_FILE." >> $LOG_FILE remaining=$(symclone -sid $LCL_SID -f $ETC/$LCL_CLN_FILE query | grep MB | awk '{print $2}') if then while do echo "$remaining MB's to be copied........." >> $LOG_FILE ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajsan
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Question: HowTo Exit Script with User Input While Process is Running Mid-Loop?

Hi, I have written a script that allows me to repetitively play a music file $N times, which is specified through user input. However, if I want to exit the script before it has finished looping $N times, if I use CTRL+c, I have to CTRL+c however many times are left in order to complete the loop.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hilltop_yodeler
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select command going to infinite loop after running the script

cd /opt/et/WAS/apps/8.0 find . -name "HostIntegration.properties" -o -name "HostSocket.properties" -o -name "environment.properties" 2> /dev/null | awk -F '' '{print $4}'|awk '!x++' | cat>/home/cbadmin/file1.txt cd /home/cbadmin/ PS3='Please enter a number from list of applications==>:' select... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop is running only for the first iteration

Hello, I've written a script to automate encoding of all the MP4 files in a directory (incl. subdirectories). But unfortunately it's running for the first MP4 file only. My machine details: root@Ubuntu16:~# uname -a Linux Ubuntu16 4.10.0-28-generic #32~16.04.2-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jul 20 10:19:48... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running in a loop in UNIX

I have a table in oracle which has 2 columns table_name table_name1 U1 T1 U2 T2 I have to take these as a variable in unix and then go to /home/bin and execute a unix command using these variables. Considering that there is only one row in the table I was able to write the below but need help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashcalin
2 Replies
Excel::Template::Container::Loop(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		     Excel::Template::Container::Loop(3pm)

NAME
Excel::Template::Container::Loop - Excel::Template::Container::Loop PURPOSE
To provide looping NODE NAME
LOOP INHERITANCE
Excel::Template::Container ATTRIBUTES
o NAME This is the name of the loop. It's used to identify within the parameter set what variables to expose to the children nodes each iteration. CHILDREN
None EFFECTS
None DEPENDENCIES
None USAGE
<loop name="LOOPY"> ... Children here ... </loop> In the above example, the children nodes would have access to the LOOPY array of hashes as parameters. Each iteration through the array would expose a different hash of parameters to the children. These loops work just like HTML::Template's loops. (I promise I'll give more info here!) There is one difference - I prefer using Perl-like scoping, so accessing of variables outside the LOOP scope from within is perfectly acceptable. You can also hide outside variables with inner values, if you desire, just like Perl. AUTHOR
Rob Kinyon (rob.kinyon@gmail.com) SEE ALSO
perl v5.14.2 2012-04-29 Excel::Template::Container::Loop(3pm)