Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Changing an image between grub and GDM Login Post 302422251 by pludi on Tuesday 18th of May 2010 01:36:19 AM
Old 05-18-2010
Wow. 5 hours of no reply in this forum, and you're already giving up.

Anyways: The image isn't called usplash, but is the output of the usplash program. There's a description here, with a customization guide here.
This User Gave Thanks to pludi For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing login prompt on redhat

Hi... Can anyone help! I am in dire need to change the "login:" prompt to "username:" any ideas? Thanks in advance :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: juilan
6 Replies

2. HP-UX

cannot login after changing login shell

Hello Everyone, I am a newbie in unix. I was practicing shell scripts on hp unix machine. I changed my current login shell (Korn) to Bourne shell giving the following command. $ chsh username /usr/bash I am using secure shell client for accessing the hp ux server. After which i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hardesh
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing default login shell

Hi everybody, The problem is quite simple, I want to change my default shell which is /bin/csh to /bin/bash. I have looked online for solutions to my problem, but to no avail. I have tried chsh, but it tells me this: chsh: can only change local entries; use ypchsh instead. I use ypchsh,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
7 Replies

4. IP Networking

Changing network parameter in Existing OS image

Hi , Can some one tell me , is there a way to change the existing network parameter in existing OS image , or do i have to create a new image to have new network parameters . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thana
0 Replies

5. Debian

Gnome session reverts back to gdm on login.

Hi everyone. I just had a quick problem. I'm not too familiar with linux yet, otherwise I'd have this figured out by now. I recently did the Debian 5lenny7 update with the standard debian update manager. After getting all installed and rebooted, I tried to login to my account again. Every... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: runfaj
3 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Login Problems when the system is grub mode

Hi Experts, I am using ubuntu.When i am trying to login it is showing grub ..How i can overcome to this problem..Pls reply me ASAP.. Thanks, Sree (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sree vasu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the Login Path

Hi frnds! i m installing a software named 'Gamit' by using bash. bt i recieved the follwoing error: .. removing any existing Makefiles or archive files from libraries directories /root/Documents/ISP/Gamit_10.4/com/rmfresh: Permission denied. .. removing any existing Makefiles or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Engr. Shoaib
1 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Changing login details

Dear Administrators! I would like to change my username for this forum, would it be possible? Regards FR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Changing grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb

Hi, Please suggest steps to change grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies
GRUB-REBOOT(8)						  System Administration Utilities					    GRUB-REBOOT(8)

NAME
grub-reboot - set the default boot entry for GRUB, for the next boot only SYNOPSIS
grub-reboot [OPTION] MENU_ENTRY DESCRIPTION
Set the default boot menu entry for GRUB, for the next boot only. -h, --help print this message and exit -V, --version print the version information and exit --boot-directory=DIR expect GRUB images under the directory DIR/grub instead of the /boot/grub directory MENU_ENTRY is a number, a menu item title or a menu item identifier. Please note that menu items in submenus or sub-submenus require speci- fying the submenu components and then the menu item component. The titles should be separated using the greater-than character (>) with no extra spaces. Depending on your shell some characters including > may need escaping. More information about this is available in the GRUB Manual in the section about the 'default' command. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
grub-set-default(8), grub-editenv(1) The full documentation for grub-reboot is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-reboot programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-reboot should give you access to the complete manual. grub-reboot (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-REBOOT(8)