Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Problem in configuration for telnet Post 302422241 by kingston on Tuesday 18th of May 2010 12:35:02 AM
Old 05-18-2010
login into the server. And give me the output of "rpm -qa |grep -i telnet*" command. And also post the content of the /etc/xinetd.d/telnet file. I hope your network is ok. Can you ping to your server.
Hey, are you trying to login with the root user. If so put pts/1, pts/2, pts/3,pts/4 and pts/5 in the file /etc/securetty. It should be as follows
Code:
[root@ongc ~]# cat /etc/securetty
console
vc/1
vc/2
vc/3
vc/4
vc/5
vc/6
vc/7
vc/8
vc/9
vc/10
vc/11
tty1
tty2
tty3
tty4
tty5
tty6
tty7
tty8
tty9
tty10
tty11
pts/1
pts/2
pts/3
pts/4
pts/5

Regards
Kingston S

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having problem using Telnet!!!!

Good day to you all, Hope you must doing good..me..oh no I am not..I've trying to log on to my network from home...but it's not letting me...I am trying to use telnet cis.hfcc.net but it's saying "connection to the host cannot to be established"????what is this...any good reason...do I have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahaislam
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

telnet problem

Hello friends, The problem is that we have one SunOS5.7 server, while attempting telnet to that server following error is occured - ld.so.1: login: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: Too many open files The login on console is possible. The inetd daemon is running. inetd.conf and services... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul72
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

telnet problem

Hello friends, The problem is that we have one SunOS5.7 server, while attempting telnet to that server following error is occured - ld.so.1: login: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: Too many open files The login on console is possible. The inetd daemon is running. inetd.conf and services... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul72
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

telnet problem, help

Hi, My network layout is: Pub LAN | freeBSD | Internal LAN | + telnet srv on HP-UX 10.x box + other services (http, pop3, smtp, ftp)... I've the following problem: Inside Internal LAN I can connect myself to HP-UX telnet but from Public LAN in some place is refusing me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: efrenba
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Telnet Problem Help

Dear All I have a Sun280R server when i telnet to this server from my Laptop i got error : Could connect to 192.168.199.10(Server IP):port 23 closed I want to login to the server through its Db25 serial port but i used to connect to it from my laptop through USB to db9 then to Db25 so do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zanetti321
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet Problem

I have a problem where on one unix machine I can telnet all IP addresses in the host file with no connection problem and another machine has recently started to have trouble connecting with the same host IP's on just some IP addresses where it had no trouble before. Have any ideas?? (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: tazzy
17 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet problem

Hello everyone, I have got this following script to telnet to other UNIX boxes from one UNIX box and then run a script to count a certain paramater. The following line connects to the other box(es): (sleep 1; echo $username; sleep 1; echo $password ; sleep 1 ; echo y; sleep 1; echo "\r" ; sleep 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajat
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Webpage to Telnet via Perl and Expect: Telnet problem?

Somewhat long story: I have a simple Perl CGI script that uses Expect to Telnet to a device and grab some data, and then spits it back to Perl for display on the Webpage. This works for many devices I've tried, but one device just fails, it keeps rejecting the password on this device, only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jondo
1 Replies

9. Linux

telnet problem

ok, i need to test a list of addresses via telnet and make sure that i get a response like the following: telnet anag.testboalo.com443 Trying 100.100.100.100... Connected to anag.testboalo.com. Escape character is '^]'. The thing is, for each address I telnet to, the telnet hangs in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ENTER for modem configuration via telnet

Hiya, I'm trying to write a shell script to enter a bunch of loooooong configuration commands (to set ip, gateway etc.) for a quite outdated modem. It must be accessed via telnet. Here the preliminary code: #!/bin/bash (echo "open 192.168.1.254"; sleep 10 echo "Administrator";... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrsbellamy
1 Replies
PTS_QUIT(1)						       AFS Command Reference						       PTS_QUIT(1)

NAME
pts_quit - Exit from pts interactive mode SYNOPSIS
pts quit [-cell] <cell name> [-noauth] [-localauth] [-force] pts q [-c] <cell name> [-n] [-l] [-f] DESCRIPTION
The pts quit command exits from pts interactive mode. The command can be run from the command line or interactively, but on the command line it does nothing and is therefore of questionable utility. CAUTIONS
Prior to OpenAFS 1.4.5 and OpenAFS 1.5.23, the pts quit command was only available on Unix or Linux and when OpenAFS was compiled with the supergroups option (disabled by default). As of OpenAFS 1.4.5 and 1.5.23, it is always available. OPTIONS
Although they have no effect, pts quit takes the following standard pts options: -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. For more details, see pts(1). -force Enables the command to continue executing as far as possible when errors or other problems occur, rather than halting execution at the first error. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see pts(1). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity anonymous to the issuer. For more details, see pts(1). OUTPUT
This command produces no output. EXAMPLES
Here is an example of a pts interactive session: % pts interactive pts> quit % SEE ALSO
pts(1), pts_interactive(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007 Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> This documentation is covered by the BSD License as written in the doc/LICENSE file. This man page was written by Jason Edgecombe for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2014-04-08 PTS_QUIT(1)