Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Nano installation for ON HP UX Post 302422175 by mr.aart on Monday 17th of May 2010 04:09:01 PM
Old 05-17-2010
You can find the .depot files and instructions here.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nano-2.0.6 HELP!!!!

Hi all, I have this problem. I am running suse linux 10.0 Enterprise. I was able to install nano-2.0.6 and as root I am able to use it. This is where my problem starts. When I exit root and try to use nano, I get this error message. nano: Command not found. but when I type... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goku3g
3 Replies

2. Linux

microwindow and nano-X

Dear all I have problem in installing microwindows. What I did 1.I have microwindows-0.90 in home/SHIVA 2.cd microwindows-0.90/src 3.cp configs config 4.make clean; make 5. make 6.now it is giving error :- winevent.c:18: error: static declaration of ‘abs' follows non-static declaration... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mishra_sk_in
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using nano x to design GUI

Hi, I am working on a project to develop an embedded device that can transfer files between two usb devices ( pen drives). We are using an NUC950A ARM9 microcontroller and we've put the Linux 2.1 kernel on the development board and it works. Can i use nano -x to design my own GUI so that i can run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dilumcc
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Create files using Nano?

I need to switch files in a directory using Nano thinking i have all the files in the same directory? how would i go about doing that ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JuankyKong
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with these scripts in nano...

So I am trying to write 3 different scripts using nano. Having some trouble with each. The first one is prompting for the person's information, and I would like to store that information in a new text file. I have most of it complete. The only problem I have here is that I do not know the code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tburns517
2 Replies
boot(1M)																  boot(1M)

NAME
boot - bootstrap process DESCRIPTION
Itanium-based System Hardware An system's bootstrap process involves the execution of four software components: o CMOS o option ROM o EFI o Boot Manager o (see hpux.efi(1M)). After the processor is reset, firmware initializes and tests processors and platform. During initialization, the firmware lets a user interrupt and configure CMOS and option ROMs. It then transfers control to EFI, the Extensible Firmware Interface. EFI, in turn, initial- izes EFI boot and runtime services and launches the Boot Manager. The Boot Manager, which allows loading of EFI application or drivers from EFI defined file system, loads and transfers control to the HP-UX-specific bootstrap loader. then loads the HP-UX kernel object file from the HP-UX file system to memory and transfers control to the loaded kernel image. PA-RISC Hardware The PA-RSIC bootstrap process involves the execution of three software components: o (see pdc(1M), o (see isl(1M), and o (see hpux(1M). After the processor is RESET, the (firmware), performs a self-test and initializes the processor. It then loads and transfers control to the operating-system-independent in turn, loads and transfers control to the utility, the HP-UX-specific bootstrap loader. then downloads the HP-UX kernel object file from an HP-UX file system and transfers control to the loaded kernel image. SEE ALSO
hpux(1M), hpux.efi(1M), isl(1M), pdc(1M), efi(4). boot(1M)