Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl script solution
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script solution Post 302422076 by webhope on Monday 17th of May 2010 11:18:42 AM
Old 05-17-2010
It is stil not ideal, I send you some other forms if input text:
Code:
block='title Sata Mandriva
kernel (hd0,2)/boot/vmlinuz BOOT_IMAGE=linux root=(hd0,2) resume=UUID=e12487ff-6d6f-44c4-9e03-33f545b3b798 splash=silent vga=788
initrd (hd0,2)/boot/initrd.img'

hd0,2 instead (hd0,2)

Code:
kernel (UUID=e12487ff-6d6f-44c4-9e03-33f545b3b798)/boot/vmlinuz BOOT_IMAGE=linux root=(UUID=e12487ff-6d6f-44c4-9e03-33f545b3b798) resume=UUID=e12487ff-6d6f-44c4-9e03-33f545b3b798 splash=silent vga=788
initrd (hd0,2)/boot/initrd.img'

It deletes some spaces: products "linuxroot" instead "linux root"

Code:
kernel (UUID=eab515e9-bc3e-4024-9f01-55fddaa0fb1c) /boot (UUID=eab515e9-bc3e-4024-9f01-55fddaa0fb1c) blabla
initrd (UUID=eab515e9-bc3e-4024-9f01-55fddaa0fb1c) /boot (UUID=eab515e9-bc3e-4024-9f01-55fddaa0fb1c) blabla'

Products "/boot(UUID=" instead "/boot (UUID="
and "/boot" instead "/boot (UUID=eab515e9-"
Edit: I wanted to specify that I need to remove something (UUID=...) that follows the kernel or initrd word.

In my original code I tried to identify UUID format \(UUID=[-0-9a-f]*\ not to be confused with block list (hd?,?). (I am not sure if UUID can have big letters)

I think it is not lucky: sub(/[()]/,"",$2) it removes the parantheses whatever it it uuid od hd. Or Map! map (hd0) (hd1)

I want to ask you about this: r=$3$4; does it mean, you rely on IFS=$' '? How we get $3 and $4 ?

Last edited by webhope; 05-17-2010 at 12:26 PM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please suggest a script or solution?

I have to solve a programming problem for my wife who is engaged in Research in Breast Cancer. 1. She has frequently to search a long single line of alphabetic characters (lower case) for an exact match of a string. e.g.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmsinghe
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the script corrected to get the solution

Can anyone help it out, My Requirement: Actually i grep for the items in the atrblist (Result of it will provide the line where the item present and also the next line of where it presents)then it will be stored in $i.txt From tat result i wil grep 2nd word after getdate() word and store... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prsam
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script - Need help to find solution

I am facing below issue with my script. below is one of the test out of 50 test from the tool which i m trying to automate. the test may show up or may not depending upon the previous results and also from the test some inputs may be asked or may not be asked depending upon previous results so you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snehalb
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for a perl-compatible regex solution

This is for PHP preg_match code - which is PCRE therefore looking for a perl compatible suggestion I have this line returned I want to match and return.. I want to match the two instances of string ending 'ABCXYZ' into an array. And on second element (ie. RootABCXYZ) only return the word... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadyetagain
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script solution as singleline ?

Hello My script has following line and output find path -type d | awk -F "/" 'NF == 4{print $3}' path/custype=Type1/logdate=20160414 path/custype=Type11122/logdate=20160414 But I need following output that I need custtype information between "" like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msuluhan
4 Replies
SYSTEMD-CRYPTSETUP-GENERATOR(8) 			   systemd-cryptsetup-generator 			   SYSTEMD-CRYPTSETUP-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-cryptsetup-generator - Unit generator for /etc/crypttab SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-cryptsetup-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-cryptsetup-generator is a generator that translates /etc/crypttab into native systemd units early at boot and when configuration of the system manager is reloaded. This will create systemd-cryptsetup@.service(8) units as necessary. systemd-cryptsetup-generator implements systemd.generator(7). KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-cryptsetup-generator understands the following kernel command line parameters: luks=, rd.luks= Takes a boolean argument. Defaults to "yes". If "no", disables the generator entirely. rd.luks= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. luks.crypttab=, rd.luks.crypttab= Takes a boolean argument. Defaults to "yes". If "no", causes the generator to ignore any devices configured in /etc/crypttab (luks.uuid= will still work however). rd.luks.crypttab= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.crypttab= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. luks.uuid=, rd.luks.uuid= Takes a LUKS superblock UUID as argument. This will activate the specified device as part of the boot process as if it was listed in /etc/crypttab. This option may be specified more than once in order to set up multiple devices. rd.luks.uuid= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.uuid= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. If /etc/crypttab contains entries with the same UUID, then the name, keyfile and options specified there will be used. Otherwise, the device will have the name "luks-UUID". If /etc/crypttab exists, only those UUIDs specified on the kernel command line will be activated in the initrd or the real root. luks.name=, rd.luks.name= Takes a LUKS super block UUID followed by an "=" and a name. This implies rd.luks.uuid= or luks.uuid= and will additionally make the LUKS device given by the UUID appear under the provided name. rd.luks.name= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.name= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. luks.options=, rd.luks.options= Takes a LUKS super block UUID followed by an "=" and a string of options separated by commas as argument. This will override the options for the given UUID. If only a list of options, without an UUID, is specified, they apply to any UUIDs not specified elsewhere, and without an entry in /etc/crypttab. rd.luks.options= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.options= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. luks.key=, rd.luks.key= Takes a password file name as argument or a LUKS super block UUID followed by a "=" and a password file name. For those entries specified with rd.luks.uuid= or luks.uuid=, the password file will be set to the one specified by rd.luks.key= or luks.key= of the corresponding UUID, or the password file that was specified without a UUID. rd.luks.key= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.key= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), crypttab(5), systemd-cryptsetup@.service(8), cryptsetup(8), systemd-fstab-generator(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-CRYPTSETUP-GENERATOR(8)