Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NIM server
Operating Systems AIX NIM server Post 302422073 by phobus on Monday 17th of May 2010 11:15:00 AM
Old 05-17-2010
I found answer .... I forgot to configure client for bos installation. After I configured it the Cstate was changed to = "BOS installation has been enabled" and ClientName.info file + few links were created. And now it works.
Problem solved.
Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

NIM server setup (AIX 5.3)

Hi, I'a a new member here. My company just bought p570 with 8 LPAR (previously we have p650 with 4 LPAR). Did anyone have procedure how to setup NIM server (NIM LPAR) and how to install other new LPAR to use the NIM server (as client). Appreciate your help and thank you very much. Rgds, David (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshg
0 Replies

2. AIX

NIM Server - bos.rte5.3.*

Trying to build a server off the NIM server and its complaining that my bos.rte.5.3.0.0 is a missing prerequisite. I have bos.rte.5.3.0.30 which is for AIX 5.3.3, my question is where can I find the bos.rte.5.3.0.0 ? Ive looked on my base AIX 5.3 software and cant find it. Any assistance... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maurice-pacific
0 Replies

3. AIX

NIM Server

Is anybody using a NIM server for DR recovery purposes? If so, how are you handling Volume Groups outside of root? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kd30185
0 Replies

4. AIX

migrate NIM server through NIM installation

I try to migrate a NIM server from one server to another. I try to do a mksysb on NIM server restore the NIM server's mksysb to a client through NIM installation shutdown NIM server start newly installed client as NIM server Does anyone do this before? who can give me some suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanzhang
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NIM - mksysb of remote server

Hi, I'm trying to use my NIM server to get a mksysb of an lpar on another machine on my network. I'm trying to define a resource through smitty and i've entered the resource name, Server of resource & location of resource, they are as follows Resource Name : gmt_fail_mksysb Server of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KeesH
1 Replies

6. AIX

NIM Server Issue

Hi, I'm getting the above error while trying to take a MKSYSB image via NIM. I've only just started getting this and don't know why it is failing. Any one got any suggestions? Thanks Kees (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KeesH
3 Replies

7. AIX

configuring NIM server

I have never used NIM. Please help with the steps for configuring NIM server and client. thanks Pchangba (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba
3 Replies

8. AIX

Troubleshooting NIM Server

hello folks, Can someone help me troubleshoot the NIM Server NIM MASTER: >> # hostname oldbcoedv # cat /etc/hostname 192.52.100.29 bcoeqa bcoeqa.bin.com.sa 192.52.100.66 oldbcoedv # cat /etc/bootptab ..... # T180 -- (xstation only) -- enable virtual screen #NO CLIENTS... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
6 Replies

9. AIX

NIM Master as Mgmt Server

Guys, I need your help I got a requirement from a cUstomer asking for a specific design He wants to use the NIM Master as one single mgmt server and access the nodes maintained by it there by the accounting is in one single server for all the nodes Note:- Direct login to the nodes will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
3 Replies

10. AIX

exported filesystems on a NIM server

I have a filesystem that was exported sometime in the past, probably by NIM processes, but cannot be unexported now. How can I get rid of this? Any ideas? I tried rebooting and it survived it. hostname:/:$ exportfs -v /usr/lpp/bos.sysmgt/nim/methods... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
2 Replies
BOS_SETAUTH(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BOS_SETAUTH(8)

NAME
bos_setauth - Sets authorization checking requirements for all server processes SYNOPSIS
bos setauth -server <machine name> -authrequired (on | off) [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help] bos seta -s <machine name> -a (on | off) [-c <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The bos setauth command enables or disables authorization checking on the server machine named by the -server argument. When authorization checking is enabled (the normal case), the AFS server processes running on the machine verify that the issuer of a command meets its privilege requirements. When authorization checking is disabled, server processes perform any action for anyone, including the unprivileged user "anonymous"; this security exposure precludes disabling of authorization checking except during installation or emergencies. To indicate to the server processes that authorization checking is disabled, the BOS Server creates the zero-length file /var/lib/openafs/local/NoAuth on its local disk. All AFS server processes constantly monitor for the NoAuth file's presence and do not check for authorization when it is present. The BOS Server removes the file when this command is used to re-enable authorization checking. CAUTIONS
Do not create the NoAuth file directly, except when directed by instructions for dealing with emergencies (doing so requires being logged in as the local superuser "root"). Use this command instead. OPTIONS
-server <machine name> Indicates the server machine on which to enable or disable authorization checking. Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully-qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8). -authrequired (on | off) Enables authorization checking if the value is "on", or disables it if the value is "off". -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following example disables authorization checking on the machine "fs7.abc.com": % bos setauth -server fs7.abc.com -authrequired off PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. SEE ALSO
KeyFile(5), NoAuth(5), UserList(5), bos(8), bos_restart(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BOS_SETAUTH(8)