Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl script solution
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script solution Post 302421976 by sidorenko on Monday 17th of May 2010 07:49:29 AM
Old 05-17-2010
Hi webhope!

What do you want exactly? To replace only the first occurrence of either `initrd' or `kernel' in the whole stdin text? Or simply replace `kernel' with `kernelXXX' in this particular variable? And what does NFR mean - may be it should be FNR (record number)?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please suggest a script or solution?

I have to solve a programming problem for my wife who is engaged in Research in Breast Cancer. 1. She has frequently to search a long single line of alphabetic characters (lower case) for an exact match of a string. e.g.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmsinghe
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the script corrected to get the solution

Can anyone help it out, My Requirement: Actually i grep for the items in the atrblist (Result of it will provide the line where the item present and also the next line of where it presents)then it will be stored in $i.txt From tat result i wil grep 2nd word after getdate() word and store... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prsam
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script - Need help to find solution

I am facing below issue with my script. below is one of the test out of 50 test from the tool which i m trying to automate. the test may show up or may not depending upon the previous results and also from the test some inputs may be asked or may not be asked depending upon previous results so you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snehalb
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for a perl-compatible regex solution

This is for PHP preg_match code - which is PCRE therefore looking for a perl compatible suggestion I have this line returned I want to match and return.. I want to match the two instances of string ending 'ABCXYZ' into an array. And on second element (ie. RootABCXYZ) only return the word... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadyetagain
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script solution as singleline ?

Hello My script has following line and output find path -type d | awk -F "/" 'NF == 4{print $3}' path/custype=Type1/logdate=20160414 path/custype=Type11122/logdate=20160414 But I need following output that I need custtype information between "" like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msuluhan
4 Replies
MKDUMPRD(8)							   User Manuals 						       MKDUMPRD(8)

NAME
mkdumprd - (Re)build the initramfs for kdump SYNOPSIS
mkdumprd [-h] [-q] [-f] [-k kernelver] [-i opts] DESCRIPTION
mkdumprd (re-)builds the kdump initrd. For kdump, a special initrd is used because o the kdump initrd should include network modules and network configuration (and therefore is larger as the normal initrd used for booting), o the kdump initrd should use no splash screen, o the kdump initrd includes kdumptool(8) and all required libraries. This script calls mkinitrd(8) with all required parameters. If the initrd already exists, it checks first if the configuration file or the kernel are newer, and only rebuilds the initrd if necessary. OPTIONS
All option parsing is done via the getopt(3) function, and therefore follows all standard command line parsing rules. -h | --help Shows help output and exits. -k kernelversion Specifies the kernel version. If no version is specified and also no kernel or initrd are specified, then mkdumprd uses kdumptool(8) to find out the correct kernel and initrd. -K kernel Specifies the kernel binary. If you specify that option, also specify -I. -I initrd Specifies the resulting initrd. If you specify that option, also specify -K. -q Be quiet. Don't output status messages. Used to call mkdumprd(8) from /etc/init.d/kdump init script. -i parameters Append the specified parameters to mkinitrd(8) call. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/kdump Kdump configuration. See kdump(5). BUGS
Please report bugs and enhancement requests at https://bugzilla.novell.com. COPYING
Copyright (c) 2008 Bernhard Walle <bwalle@suse.de>. Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL), version 2 or later. SEE ALSO
kdumptool(8), mkinitrd(8), http://en.opensuse.org/Kdump kdump 0.8.1 07/05/2010 MKDUMPRD(8)