Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UltraSPARC T2 or T2+
Special Forums Hardware UltraSPARC T2 or T2+ Post 302421914 by soliberus on Monday 17th of May 2010 04:15:52 AM
Old 05-17-2010
4 cores x 0.75 = 3 licences

The T1 processor, for example, is calculated at 0.25. This means it's going to cost us more to licence our 4 core T2 than it cost us to licence our 8 core T1

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing with my UltraSparc

I just got an HP 1200se printer. I have it networked using a single print server, so I'd really like to get it working with my Ultra10 system. I know that there are no Solaris drivers, honestly, I don't know if HP puts out Solaris drivers for any of their stuff. This printer, and I dunno... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
2 Replies

2. UNIX Benchmarks

Sun Blade 2000 UltraSparc III Solaris 8

Sun Blade 2000 UltraSparc III Solaris 8 Notes: prtdiag: System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000 (UltraSPARC-III+) System clock frequency: 150 MHZ Memory size: 3GB ==================================== CPUs ==================================== ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnorth
0 Replies

3. Solaris

440 MHz problems in UltraSparc 5 Computer

Hi all, I recently purchased a 440 MHz processor module for my Sun Ultrasparc 5 computer. I installed the module, updated the boot prom to the most recent version and when the machine starts up the initial white screen shows I have a 333 MHz processor installed ! I checked the details of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usparche
2 Replies

4. Solaris

First posting Help :ULTRA 10 UltraSPARC-IIi 360MHZ

Hello Forum team members, I have a problem with ULTRA 10. It does not boot and just stops at this prompt. OpenBoot 3.19, 256 MB... Boot device:disk:a File and args: Need your help, Thanks in advance, Regards NV. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: narahv
7 Replies
GCORE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GCORE(1)

NAME
gcore - get core image of running process SYNOPSIS
gcore [-s][-c core] pid DESCRIPTION
gcore creates a core image of each specified process, suitable for use with adb(1). By default the core image is written to the file <pid>.core. The options are: -c Write the core file to the specified file instead of <pid>.core. -s Stop the process while creating the core image and resume it when done. This makes sure that the core dump will be in a consistent state. The process is resumed even if it was already stopped. Of course, you can obtain the same result by manually stopping the process with kill(1). The core image name was changed from core.<pid> to <pid>.core to prevent matching names like core.h and core.c when using programs such as find(1). FILES
<process-id>.core The core image. BUGS
If gcore encounters an error while creating the core image and the -s option was used the process will remain stopped. Swapped out processes and system processes (the swapper) may not be gcore'd. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution April 15, 1994 GCORE(1)