Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Count IP hits from Apache
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Count IP hits from Apache Post 302421827 by learnbash on Sunday 16th of May 2010 02:14:43 PM
Old 05-16-2010
it is not working as it should be, can someone else suggest please

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script calculate the hits ?!

could you please find a solution for this a complex command using pipes to Calculate the number of hits per client in Squid log file (access.log), the command should display most active hosts first. Line example 1197979501.787 1 10.1.14.62 TCP_NEGATIVE_HIT/404 1463 GET http://url The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anything
0 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Web Hits from Unix

Hi Guys, How can I get the number of web server hits from the command prompt, I like shell scripting ways of finding such data. Can anyone help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Negm
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Bug hits while installing RHEL 5.5

I have one R710 Dell Box, when i try to install the RHEL on the system the installation stops with following error "Assertion (heads < 256) at disk_dos.c:486 in function probe_partition_for_geom() failed." I 'm unable to ignore/cancel the same and have hard boot the server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep: Return a user message when no hits

I have ASCII files to parse that 48 hours old or more ; I can identify them like so find . -name "FILE*TXT" -mtime +1 -exec ls -ltas '{}' ';' Some files have a list of hardware errors (we test electronic components), some have none. If the file name has no errors, I still want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a group of result and print last hits

Hi I would like to search some data with awk and then print the last of the hits. Find house and print last value input:red house 4 blue boat 2 green house 6 black car 7 output:6 I now how to search using /house/, print third field print $3, an now I may use some form of $NR to get the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep for list of files with only found hits

Hi, With grep -ci word * I get a list of files either they have a hit, or the have not (0). I wanted to pipe to a new list of files, which only shows the files where the string was found, and counted, not the whole bunch. How to do this? Any advice welcome! with best regards, Omar... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: OmarKN
11 Replies
acl_init(3)						     Library Functions Manual						       acl_init(3)

NAME
acl_init - Allocate and initialize ACL internal working storage LIBRARY
Security Library (libpacl.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/acl.h> acl_t acl_init( const size_t size); PARAMETERS
Specifies the size of the working storage in bytes. DESCRIPTION
NOTE: This function is based on Draft 13 of the POSIX P1003.6 standard. The acl_init() function allocates and initializes working storage for an ACL of at least size bytes. A pointer to the working storage is returned. When the area is first allocated, it contains a ACL that has no ACL entries. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the acl_init() function returns a pointer to the working storage. Otherwise, a NULL pointer is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If any of the following conditions occur, the acl_init() function returns a value of NULL and sets errno to the corresponding value: The acl_t to be returned requires more memory than allowed by the hardware or system-imposed memory management constraints. The function is not supported by the implementation. RELATED INFORMATION
acl_add_perm(3), acl_clear_perm(3), acl_create_entry(3), acl_free(3) Security delim off acl_init(3)