Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming SQL for table with column (varchar2 2000) and line break in it Post 302421489 by DreamWarrior on Friday 14th of May 2010 11:42:40 AM
Old 05-14-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by durden_tyler
@DreamWarrior - Thanks a lot for fixing the bug in the query. Appreciate it !
Hey no problem, I should be thanking you for introducing me to this interesting method of solving the problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Ms Sql Server 2000 On Unix

Hello As per requirements, can i Install a MSSQL SERVER on UNIX , is it possible., can i install or not.., could u plz give me reply with some installation details.......... Regards&Thanking You sreedhar G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreedhargunda
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to break mysql dump sql file

Hi folks I have mysql dump which having insert queries, i want to break that file when 10 complete "INSERTS" lines so extract that line and store in 1.sql and 2.sql and for next 10 insert lines. pls guide me how can i do that. Regards, Bash (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting column names from a table.. SQL with UNIX

:rolleyes: hi there everybody, i need help,... thanks anyway! i am working on a very huge table with the name table1. the problem is that i know only one field name in this table..., working with a ksh environment i don't know how to view the table to check out the field names :confused:. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fmina
4 Replies

4. AIX

problem using VARCHAR2

Hi... i have currently installed db2 version 9.1.2 on my AIX machine... No matter what i do,.... VARCHAR2 just doesn't seem to be working! This is the error i ketp getting after i ran a simple create statement... $db2 "create table tst (name VARCHAR2(30));" DB21034E The command was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VGR
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

the easiest way to break down this column?

i have a one column txt file, which has a large amount of data which look like this a 11 3 b 45 77 r 7 9 blah blah blah what i am trying to do here is for every 3 lines, i want to move the 2nd and 3rd line to the first line, so it will look like this a 11 3 b 45 77 r 7 9 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: Break line, read, break again, read again...

...when the lines use both a colon and commas to separate the parts you want read as information. The first version of this script used cut and other non-Bash-builtins, frequently, which made it nice and zippy with little more than average processor load in GNOME Terminal but, predictably, slow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break a line content and print as column

Hi, I have urls in my input file like this http://unix.com/abc/def http://unix.com/kil/min I want to use the / as separator and print the last content as another column like this http://unix.com/abc/def def http://unix.com/kil/min min I was using awk -F option and then joining the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split column data if the table has n number of column's

please write a shell script Table -------------------------- 1 2 3 a b c 3 4 5 c d e 7 8 9 f g h Output should be like this --------------- 1 2 3 3 4 5 7 8 9 a b c c d e f g h (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priti2277
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split column data if the table has n number of column's with some record

Split column data if the table has n number of column's with some record then how to split n number of colmn's line by line with records Table --------- Col1 col2 col3 col4 ....................col20 1 2 3 4 .................... 20 a b c d .................... v ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priti2277
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break a line content and print as column

Hi, I have urls in my input file like this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmonk1
1 Replies
apport-bug(1)						      General Commands Manual						     apport-bug(1)

NAME
apport-bug, apport-collect - file a bug report using Apport, or update an existing report SYNOPSIS
apport-bug apport-bug symptom | pid | package | program path | .apport/.crash file apport-collect report-number DESCRIPTION
apport-bug reports problems to your distribution's bug tracking system, using Apport to collect a lot of local information about your sys- tem to help the developers to fix the problem and avoid unnecessary question/answer turnarounds. You should always start with running apport-bug without arguments, which will present a list of known symptoms. This will generate the most useful bug reports. If there is no matching symptom, you need to determine the affected program or package yourself. You can provide a package name or program name to apport-bug, e. g.: apport-bug firefox apport-bug /usr/bin/unzip In order to add more information to the bug report that could help the developers to fix the problem, you can also specify a process ID instead: $ pidof gnome-terminal 5139 $ apport-bug 5139 As a special case, to report a bug against the Linux kernel, you do not need to use the full package name (such as linux- image-2.6.28-4-generic); you can just use apport-bug linux to report a bug against the currently running kernel. Finally, you can use this program to report a previously stored crash or bug report: apport-bug /var/crash/_bin_bash.1000.crash apport-bug /tmp/apport.firefox.332G9t.apport Bug reports can be written to a file by using the --save option or by using apport-cli. apport-bug detects whether KDE or Gnome is running and calls apport-gtk or apport-kde accordingly. If neither is available, or the session does not run under X11, it calls apport-cli for a command-line client. UPDATING EXISTING REPORTS
apport-collect collects the same information as apport-bug, but adds it to an already reported problem you have submitted. This is useful if the report was not originally filed through Apport, and the developers ask you to attach information from your system. OPTIONS
Please see the apport-cli(1) manpage for possible options. ENVIRONMENT
APPORT_IGNORE_OBSOLETE_PACKAGES Apport refuses to create bug reports if the package or any dependency is not current. If this environment variable is set, this check is waived. Experts who will thoroughly check the situation before filing a bug report can define this in their ~/.bashrc or temporarily on the command line when calling apport-bug. SEE ALSO
apport-cli(1) AUTHOR
apport and the accompanying tools are developed by Martin Pitt <martin.pitt@ubuntu.com>. Martin Pitt September 08, 2009 apport-bug(1)