Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk script to create new file based on previous line Post 302420918 by guruprasadpr on Thursday 13th of May 2010 12:16:39 AM
Old 05-13-2010
Hi,
Try this.
Code:
sort -t "|" -k 16 Test_File.dat | awk -F "|" '{print > $NF}'

Thanks
Guru.
This User Gave Thanks to guruprasadpr For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk;sed appending line to previous line....

I know this has been asked before but I just can't parse the syntax as explained. I have a set of files that has user information spread out over two lines that I wish to merge into one: User1NameLast User1NameFirst User1Address E-Mail:User1email User2NameLast User2NameFirst User2Address... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: walkerwheeler
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append specific lines to a previous line based on sequential search criteria

I'll try explain this as best I can. Let me know if it is not clear. I have large text files that contain data as such: 143593502 09-08-20 09:02:13 xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx 09-08-20 09:02:11 N line 1 test line 2 test line 3 test 143593503 09-08-20 09:02:13... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesse
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing previous line based on pattern using sed

Hi, I have a written a shell script to get the previous line based on the pattern. For example if a file has below lines: ---------------------------------------------- #UNBLOCK_As _per #As per 205.162.42.92 #BLOCK_As_per #----------------------- #input checks abc.com... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk get matched line's previous line

hi everyone, a b in c d e f in g output is: a e so awk search for "in", then print out the matched line's previuos line. Please advice. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve script made to calculate value based on present and previous line

Hi all, I have made at small script to make a simple calculation on a file which is formatted in this way: I want to create a new file in which the value of particular line minus the previous line is printed. So my wanted output is: I have made the following program to do the job... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: s052866
5 Replies

6. Programming

create a spool file based on values passed from korn shell to sql script

this is my issue. 4 parameters are passed from korn shell to sql script. parameter_1= varchar2 datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_2= number datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_3= number datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_4= number datatype or no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Conditional replace based on previous and current value in a line

I need to read the contents of a file. Then I need to grep for a keyword and replace part of the grepped line based on the condition of previous and present line. Example input file: V { port1 = P; port2 = 0; shift_port = P0; /* if next shift_port is P0 I need... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen@
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP: Shell Script to read a Log file line by line and extract Info based on KEYWORDS matching

I have a LOG file which looks like this Import started at: Mon Jul 23 02:13:01 EDT 2012 Initialization completed in 2.146 seconds. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Import summary for Import item: PolicyInformation... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: biztank
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script -print line when $2 > $2 of previous line

Hi all, From a while loop I am reading a sorted file where I want to print only the lines that have $1 match and $2 only when the difference from $2 from the previous line is > 30. Input would be like ... AN237 010 193019 0502 1 CSU Amoxycillin AN237 080 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gafoleyo73
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning multiple outputs of a single line based on previous repeated lines

Hello, I am trying to return a time multiple times from a file that has varying output just before the time instance, i.e. cat jumped cat jumped cat jumped time = 1.1 cat jumped cat jumped time = 1.2 cat jumped cat jumped time = 1.3 In this case i would like to output a time.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryddner
6 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)