Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: error running shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting error running shell script Post 302420806 by methyl on Wednesday 12th of May 2010 12:41:45 PM
Old 05-12-2010
Quote:
for i in `cat diffs.txt`
do
printer="$(awk -F: '{ print $1 }' | cut -c 11-18 diffs.txt)"
echo $printer
done
This section of script contains many errors and always leaves $printer blank.

What is it intended to do?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in running shell script in cron

#!/bin/bash CLASSPATH=. #CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:${INSTALL_PATH}home/squidlog/CopyFile.java CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:${INSTALL_PATH}usr/java/latest/lib/*.jar javac CopyFile.java echo "CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH" #home/wbiadmin/JRE1.4.2/j2re1.4.2_15/bin/java CopyFile /usr/bin/java... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sari
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Running from Shell Vs running from RC script

Hi, i have a script which need to do behave differently when run as a startup process from init.d/ rc2.d script and when run manually from shell. How do i distinguish whether my script is run by init process or by shell?? Will the command /proc/$$/psinfo | grep "myscript" work well???... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while running as shell script

Storage_Unit=`du -h /var/spool/cron/root|awk '{print $1}'|sed -e "s/^.*\(.\)$/\1/"` If then Size=`du -h /var/spool/cron/root|awk '{print $1}'|sed 's/.\{1\}$//'` for Size_rounded_number in $(printf %.0f $Size); do ROUNDED_Size=$Size_rounded_number done if #setting a threshold of say... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

`(' unexpected error when running a shell script in AIX

Hi, We are moving from linux to AIX servers, and as a result testing our scripts on the new platform. When I run one of our scripts, I get the following error message: ./branchDataUpdate.sh: syntax error at line 21 : `(' unexpected Following is an extract from the script: ...... ........ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dawgfather80
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script running command in different shell

Hi All, Is there any way where we can run few commands with different shell in a shell script ? Let's have an example below, My first line in script reads below, #!/bin/sh However due to some limitation of "/bin/sh" shell I wanted to use "/bin/bash" while executing few... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launcher Error: while running shell script

Hi Experts, I have a shell script which used to take oracle database backup, which is scheduled in a tidal scheduling tool. however it is throwing an error while triggering the job and getting below error in the log file. "Launcher Error: This is an internal function" shell script is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: UnniVKN
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Error during running sqlplus command from shell script in Solaris

I am using following code to connect to oracle database from solaris shell script. which will try thrice to connect the database ...at the 4rth atempt it will exir=t. count=0 while ; do sqlplus -s $usrname/$password@dbSID <<-EOF | tee $logfile WHENEVER OSERROR EXIT 9; WHENEVER SQLERROR... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing shell from a script and running something from the new shell

Hi We use "tcsh" shell . We do the following steps manually: > exec ssh-agent zsh > python "heloo.py" (in the zsh shell) I am trying to do the steps above from a shell script This is what I have so far echo "Executing " exec ssh-agent zsh python "hello.py" exit 0 Problem is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman82
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp not working in shell script but running perfectly from shell

Dear All, I have script. Dest="" IFS=' ' for translation in $(echo $MY_MAP) do t1=$(echo $translation | cut -d"=" -f1) t2=$(echo $translation | cut -d"=" -f2| cut -d"," -f1) if then Dest=$UNX/$u_product_path/$u_study_path/$UNXTR/$t2 break; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while running Procedure in shell script

Hi All, I am running the below proc in unix by connecting through sqlplus and the procedure is completing successfully. But when i am trying to run through shell scripting by using function. I am getting the error as follows. Please guide me where I am going wrong. #!/bin/sh opera () {... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
6 Replies
classes.conf(5) 						    Apple Inc.							   classes.conf(5)

NAME
classes.conf - class configuration file for cups DESCRIPTION
The classes.conf file defines the local printer classes that are available. It is normally located in the /etc/cups directory and is gener- ated automatically by the cupsd(8) program when printer classes are added or deleted. Each line in the file can be a configuration directive, a blank line, or a comment. Comment lines start with the # character. DIRECTIVES
<Class name> ... </Class> Defines a specific printer class. <DefaultClass name> ... </Class> Defines a default printer class. Accepting Yes Accepting No Specifies whether the printer is accepting new jobs. AllowUser [ user @group ... ] Allows specific users and groups to print to the printer. DenyUser [ user @group ... ] Prevents specific users and groups from printing to the printer. Info text Specifies human-readable text describing the printer. JobSheets banner banner Specifies the banner pages to use for the printer. KLimit number Specifies the job-k-limit value for the printer. Location text Specifies human-readable text describing the location of the printer. OpPolicy name Specifies the operation policy for the printer. PageLimit number Specifies the job-page-limit value for the printer. Printer Specifies a printer that is a member of the printer class. QuotaPeriod seconds Specifies the job-quota-period value for the printer. Shared Yes Shared No Specifies whether the printer is shared. State idle State stopped Specifies the initial state of the printer (Idle or Stopped) StateMessage text Specifies the message associated with the state. StateTime seconds Specifies the date/time associated with the state. SEE ALSO
cupsd(8), cupsd.conf(5), mime.convs(5), mime.types(5), printers.conf(5), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2011 by Apple Inc. 29 April 2009 CUPS classes.conf(5)