Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: error running shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting error running shell script Post 302420562 by ggoliath on Wednesday 12th of May 2010 03:24:05 AM
Old 05-12-2010
ok here is code. calling a function
Code:
f_Delete()
{
 if ["$printer" -ne 1 ]; then
      echo "\n\t $printer to be deleted"
      return 0
   else
      $BIN/lpadmin -x $printer
      if [ $printer = " ${printer}" ]; then
      echo "\n\t Deleting printer $Printer !!!"
      return 1
      fi
 fi
}

I suspect that there is some syntax errors within this function but not sure where?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in running shell script in cron

#!/bin/bash CLASSPATH=. #CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:${INSTALL_PATH}home/squidlog/CopyFile.java CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:${INSTALL_PATH}usr/java/latest/lib/*.jar javac CopyFile.java echo "CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH" #home/wbiadmin/JRE1.4.2/j2re1.4.2_15/bin/java CopyFile /usr/bin/java... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sari
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Running from Shell Vs running from RC script

Hi, i have a script which need to do behave differently when run as a startup process from init.d/ rc2.d script and when run manually from shell. How do i distinguish whether my script is run by init process or by shell?? Will the command /proc/$$/psinfo | grep "myscript" work well???... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while running as shell script

Storage_Unit=`du -h /var/spool/cron/root|awk '{print $1}'|sed -e "s/^.*\(.\)$/\1/"` If then Size=`du -h /var/spool/cron/root|awk '{print $1}'|sed 's/.\{1\}$//'` for Size_rounded_number in $(printf %.0f $Size); do ROUNDED_Size=$Size_rounded_number done if #setting a threshold of say... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

`(' unexpected error when running a shell script in AIX

Hi, We are moving from linux to AIX servers, and as a result testing our scripts on the new platform. When I run one of our scripts, I get the following error message: ./branchDataUpdate.sh: syntax error at line 21 : `(' unexpected Following is an extract from the script: ...... ........ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dawgfather80
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script running command in different shell

Hi All, Is there any way where we can run few commands with different shell in a shell script ? Let's have an example below, My first line in script reads below, #!/bin/sh However due to some limitation of "/bin/sh" shell I wanted to use "/bin/bash" while executing few... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launcher Error: while running shell script

Hi Experts, I have a shell script which used to take oracle database backup, which is scheduled in a tidal scheduling tool. however it is throwing an error while triggering the job and getting below error in the log file. "Launcher Error: This is an internal function" shell script is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: UnniVKN
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Error during running sqlplus command from shell script in Solaris

I am using following code to connect to oracle database from solaris shell script. which will try thrice to connect the database ...at the 4rth atempt it will exir=t. count=0 while ; do sqlplus -s $usrname/$password@dbSID <<-EOF | tee $logfile WHENEVER OSERROR EXIT 9; WHENEVER SQLERROR... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing shell from a script and running something from the new shell

Hi We use "tcsh" shell . We do the following steps manually: > exec ssh-agent zsh > python "heloo.py" (in the zsh shell) I am trying to do the steps above from a shell script This is what I have so far echo "Executing " exec ssh-agent zsh python "hello.py" exit 0 Problem is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman82
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp not working in shell script but running perfectly from shell

Dear All, I have script. Dest="" IFS=' ' for translation in $(echo $MY_MAP) do t1=$(echo $translation | cut -d"=" -f1) t2=$(echo $translation | cut -d"=" -f2| cut -d"," -f1) if then Dest=$UNX/$u_product_path/$u_study_path/$UNXTR/$t2 break; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while running Procedure in shell script

Hi All, I am running the below proc in unix by connecting through sqlplus and the procedure is completing successfully. But when i am trying to run through shell scripting by using function. I am getting the error as follows. Please guide me where I am going wrong. #!/bin/sh opera () {... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
6 Replies
rcancel(1M)															       rcancel(1M)

NAME
rcancel - remove requests from a remote printer spooling queue SYNOPSIS
[id ...] [printer] user] DESCRIPTION
The command removes a request, or requests, from the spool queue of a remote printer. is invoked by the command (see lp(1)). At least one id or the name of a printer must be specified. This command is intended to be used only by the spool system in response to the command (see lp(1)), and should not be invoked directly. Options The command recognizes the following options: id Specifying a request ID (as returned by (see lp(1))) cancels the associated request, even if it is currently printing. The maximum number of ids that can be specified is 50. printer Name of the printer (for a complete list, use (see lpstat(1))). Specifying a printer cancels the request which is cur- rently printing on that printer, if the request is owned by the user. If the or the option is specified, this option only specifies the printer on which to perform the corresponding cancel operation. Remove all requests owned by the user on the specified printer (see printer). The owner is determined by the user's login name and host name on the machine where the command was invoked. Empty the spool queue of all requests for the specified printer. This form of invoking is useful only to users with appropriate privileges. Remove any requests queued belonging to that user (or users) for the specified printer. You can repeat the option to specify more users. The maximum number of users that can be specified is 50. This form of invoking is useful only to users with appropriate privileges. WARNINGS
A remote print request can be canceled only from the system on which the the original command was issued, and if the restrict cancel fea- ture (see lpadmin(1M)) is enabled for the specified printer, a request belonging to this printer can be canceled only by the system admin- istrator or the user who requested it. This command is intended to be used only by the spool system in response to the command (see lp(1)), and should not be invoked directly. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley, and HP. FILES
SEE ALSO
enable(1), lp(1), lpstat(1), accept(1M), lpadmin(1M), lpsched(1M), rlp(1M), rlpdaemon(1M), rlpstat(1M). rcancel(1M)