Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SSH Script Post 302420224 by DeCoTwc on Tuesday 11th of May 2010 04:34:20 AM
Old 05-11-2010
I'm not sure I follow what you're saying. If you want to check if the last command worked or not, you need to look at it's exit status $?. Usually 0 is succeeded, and 1 is it failed (but some programs have more than just that). So what it looks like you're trying to do is:

Code:
somecommand
if [[$? -eq 1 ]];then 
      command_in_the_event_of_failure
else
      command_in_the_event_of_success
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh in a script

Hi, I am trying to ssh/rlogin onto another box through a script. What is the syntax so I do not get prompted for a password. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrbnetbar
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh in script

Hi ssh has now been set up to not prompt for a password. My problem is I have the script below that I wish. Firstly ssh onto another box and then run the rest of the script problem I am not sure of the syntax. #!/bin/ksh . ${ENV}/oracle_env.ksh ****I WANT TO SSH AT THIS POINT AND... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrbnetbar
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH script

Hello All, I have public keys authentication set up already on my system, to connect to another team's system. What I'm trying to do is to write a script that connects to the customer's box, changes to a certain directory, and then changes the permissions of the files in that directory. ssh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH through a script

I want to use ssh through a script without setting key pair in those two machines. I ll take the password as input from user and then run some commands on remote machine. Can someone help me on how to do it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vickylife
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on an ssh bash script...

Hey Guys, I want to have a bash script on my computer (Mac OS X 10.6.8) that can ssh into my iPod and respring. I know how do this by typing in "ssh root@10.0.1.10" and then typing in the password "alpine". From there i simply type "respring". I want to possibly put this into a shell script so it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jetstream131
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH using shell script terminates the script execution

Hello, I am writing a shell script in which i do ssh to remote server and count the number of files there and then exit. After the exit the shell script terminates which i believe is expected behavior. Can some one suggest me a way where even after the exit the script execution resumes. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manaankit
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh script

I am connecting to a remote server using this ssh command: ssh -p 2222 username@***.***.***.*** I then get a password prompt where I enter the password. I need to make an ssh connection using a script instead of doing it manually. How can I automate the connection process and make the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for ssh

The below command executing manually from server01. It will ask the password and retrieves the result(total number of characters in a filename.txt file available in server02) (username@server01)$ ssh username@server02 wc -c /log/filename.txt username@server02's password: 25500... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subi.ut
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP or scp with password in a batch script without using SSH keys and expect script

Dear All, I have a requirement where I have to SFTP or SCP a file in a batch script. Unfortunately, the destination server setup is such that it doesn't allow for shell command line login. So, I am not able to set up SSH keys. My source server is having issues with Expect. So, unable to use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss112233
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies
FENCE_AGENT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    FENCE_AGENT(8)

NAME
fence_virsh - Fence agent for virsh DESCRIPTION
fence_virsh is an I/O Fencing agent which can be used with the virtual machines managed by libvirt. It logs via ssh to a dom0 and there run virsh command, which does all work. By default, virsh needs root account to do properly work. So you must allow ssh login in your sshd_config. fence_virsh accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. Fenced sends parameters through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_virsh can be run by itself with command line options. This is useful for testing and for turning outlets on or off from scripts. Vendor URL: http://libvirt.org PARAMETERS
-a, --ip=[ip] IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. -l, --username=[name] Login Name This parameter is always required. -p, --password=[password] Login password or passphrase -c, --command-prompt=[prompt] Force Python regex for command prompt (Default Value: ['[EXPECT]# ']) -x, --ssh SSH connection (Default Value: 1) -n, --plug=[id] Physical plug number, name of virtual machine or UUID This parameter is always required. -u, --ipport=[port] TCP/UDP port to use for connection with device (Default Value: 22) -4, --inet4-only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only -6, --inet6-only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only -S, --password-script=[script] Script to retrieve password -k, --identity-file=[filename] Identity file for ssh --ssh-options=[options] SSH options to use (Default Value: -t '/bin/bash -c "PS1=# /bin/bash --noprofile --norc"') -o, --action=[action] Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) -v, --verbose Verbose mode -D, --debug-file=[debugfile] Write debug information to given file -V, --version Display version information and exit -h, --help Display help and exit -C, --separator=[char] Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) --power-timeout=[seconds] Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) --shell-timeout=[seconds] Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) --login-timeout=[seconds] Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 5) --power-wait=[seconds] Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) --delay=[seconds] Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) --retry-on=[attempts] Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) --use-sudo Use sudo (without password) when calling 3rd party sotfware. ACTIONS
on Power on machine. off Power off machine. reboot Reboot machine. status This returns the status of the plug/virtual machine. list List available plugs with aliases/virtual machines if there is support for more then one device. Returns N/A otherwise. monitor Check the health of fence device metadata Display the XML metadata describing this resource. STDIN PARAMETERS
ipaddr IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. login Login Name This parameter is always required. passwd Login password or passphrase cmd_prompt Force Python regex for command prompt (Default Value: ['[EXPECT]# ']) secure SSH connection (Default Value: 1) port Physical plug number, name of virtual machine or UUID This parameter is always required. ipport TCP/UDP port to use for connection with device (Default Value: 22) inet4_only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only inet6_only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only passwd_script Script to retrieve password identity_file Identity file for ssh ssh_options SSH options to use (Default Value: -t '/bin/bash -c "PS1=# /bin/bash --noprofile --norc"') action Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) verbose Verbose mode debug Write debug information to given file version Display version information and exit help Display help and exit separator Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) power_timeout Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) shell_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) login_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 5) power_wait Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) retry_on Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) sudo Use sudo (without password) when calling 3rd party sotfware. fence_virsh (Fence Agent) 2009-10-20 FENCE_AGENT(8)