Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Good Practice Guides
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Good Practice Guides Post 302419961 by ni2 on Monday 10th of May 2010 07:54:36 AM
Old 05-10-2010
This may be obvious but sometimes it does not get done.
11. Keep your documentation up to date. (The only time you realize that it is out of date is when you really need it. A bit like 1. Test thy backups. The only time you realize that the backups are wrong is when you really need them.)

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris Study Guides

I am currently working on my Solaris 8.0 Certification ,and I've been working primarily with the Solaris Study Guide produced by Syngress & Osborne. It's a good study guide ,but I think that it does lack some clarity and detail! My question is ,are there any other Solaris Study Guides that could... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bilal_aa
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9 Exam 310-014 & 310-015 Can anyone recommend some good study guides?

Hello, I'm going to be studying for my Solaris 9 System Administrator Certification and wondered if anyone had taken the exams and could recommend some good study guides / crams / books. Cheers, (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: unrealuk
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Good (cheap) System for practice?

Hi! I am currently an M$ engineer who wants to move my career towards UNIX. My datacenter has about 300 Sun servers but not enough SA's (we also have 1800 Windows Servers). My manager is supportive of my moving toward UNIX, and I know it won't be an overnight move, but I am willing to put in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dabobbo
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Mail server guides/tutorials?

solved issue (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: n0rus
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle guides for exams

hi people, I am very much interested to Oracle. I decided to write one exam soon and I am refering guides from certmagic.com. It seems good. Any of you know any good books than this ?! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: developer_me
0 Replies

6. AIX

AIX study Guides

Please help me in getting some fine docs ( other than redbooks)to learn AIX. My mail ID: qsecofr400@gmail.com Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: secofr
3 Replies

7. High Performance Computing

Guides for new HPC admins

In my company, it's fallen on me to serve as the admin of our new HPC cluster, a task that's very new to me. It's very important to me to lay a solid foundation and avoid any unnecessary pitfalls. So, can anyone recommend a succinct guide or list of do's-and-don'ts for adiminstering an HPC cluster?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DBryan
0 Replies
XtRealizeWidget(3)						   XT FUNCTIONS 						XtRealizeWidget(3)

NAME
XtRealizeWidget, XtIsRealized, XtUnrealizeWidget - realize and unrealize widgets SYNTAX
void XtRealizeWidget(Widget w); Boolean XtIsRealized(Widget w); void XtUnrealizeWidget(Widget w); ARGUMENTS
w Specifies the widget. DESCRIPTION
If the widget is already realized, XtRealizeWidget simply returns. Otherwise, it performs the following: o Binds all action names in the widget's translation table to procedures (see Section 10.1.2). o Makes a post-order traversal of the widget tree rooted at the specified widget and calls the change_managed procedure of each compos- ite widget that has one or more managed children. o Constructs an XSetWindowAttributes structure filled in with information derived from the Core widget fields and calls the realize pro- cedure for the widget, which adds any widget-specific attributes and creates the X window. o If the widget is not a subclass of compositeWidgetClass, XtRealizeWidget returns; otherwise, it continues and performs the following: - Descends recursively to each of the widget's managed children and calls the realize procedures. Primitive widgets that instanti- ate children are responsible for realizing those children themselves. - Maps all of the managed children windows that have mapped_when_managed True. (If a widget is managed but mapped_when_managed is False, the widget is allocated visual space but is not displayed. Some people seem to like this to indicate certain states.) If the widget is a top-level shell widget (that is, it has no parent), and mapped_when_managed is True, XtRealizeWidget maps the widget window. The XtIsRealized function returns True if the widget has been realized, that is, if the widget has a nonzero X window ID. Some widget procedures (for example, set_values) might wish to operate differently after the widget has been realized. The XtUnrealizeWidget function destroys the windows of an existing widget and all of its children (recursively down the widget tree). To recreate the windows at a later time, call XtRealizeWidget again. If the widget was managed, it will be unmanaged automatically before its window is freed. SEE ALSO
XtManageChildren(3) X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libXt 1.1.3 XtRealizeWidget(3)