Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting escaping backslashes to evaluate paths Post 302419947 by itkamaraj on Monday 10th of May 2010 07:28:03 AM
Old 05-10-2010
Try this...

Code:
kamaraj@kamaraj-laptop:~/Desktop/testing$ export abc="\"/opt/app/default.jar\""

kamaraj@kamaraj-laptop:~/Desktop/testing$ echo $abc
"/opt/app/default.jar"

kamaraj@kamaraj-laptop:~/Desktop/testing$ cat path_file 
CLASSPATH="/opt/app/example.jar"

kamaraj@kamaraj-laptop:~/Desktop/testing$ sed -ie "s#^CLASSPATH=.*#CLASSPAHT=$abc#g" path_file 

kamaraj@kamaraj-laptop:~/Desktop/testing$ cat path_file
CLASSPAHT="/opt/app/default.jar"

Last edited by itkamaraj; 05-10-2010 at 08:35 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get variable to re-evaluate itself?

Probably a simple one. Basically I am retrieving a number from a file - setting a variable against it and then incrementing this by 1 and using this as an entry number in a log file for messages. I need the variable to re-evalute itself each time I call it so I get the latest number in the file -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to echo 4 backslashes more easy ?

How to echo 4 backslashes more easy ? I can use 16 to echo 4 backslashes. # echo \\ \ # echo \\\\ \ # echo \\\\\\ \\ # echo \\\\\\\\ \\ # echo \\\\\\\\\\ \\\ # echo \\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\ # echo \\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sun-guy
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with Backslashes

Hi folks, there are windows device names in the sixth column of a comma separated file. A example device name is: \\.\Tape0 I don't get the all string in to a variable, because of the preceding backslash. The first backslash is just cut off and my attempts to manipulate the string afterward... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wibo1
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backslashes in Filenames

Using a small script, I automatically generated some text logs. The files ended being undownloadable, unopenable and undeletable. Upon further investigation, the files ended up looking like this: log\r log2\r log3\r I've tried a few different things, including double slashing before the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shepherdsflock
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluate the value of a variable?

I have variables: FOO="Text" BAR="FOO" I'd like to be able to evaluate the variable named as the value of $BAR. echo $FOO Text echo $BAR FOO This is what I'd like to do: echo ${$BAR} (this won't work) Text (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ilja
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing 3 backslashes with 2 in a string

Hi, I have a requirement where i need to replace 3 backslashes with 2 in the below mentioned string, but i am facing problem with backslashes. However i tried the option below but doesnt work. My input remains a constant as i receive it from my upstream. Input String= "-rfile... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kk_madrid
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing backslashes

printf "\\" prints a backslash.how we can print multiple backslashes such as "\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\". Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

escaping metacharacters in paths for a shell command

I have a file which contains a list of paths separated by a new line character. e.g /some/path/to/a/file.png /some/path to/another/file.jpeg /some path/to yet/another/file Notice that these paths may contain metacharacters, the spaces for example are also not escaped. If I wanted... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cue
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does ||: evaluate?

In BASH, how does ||: get interpreted. I know || is logical or. And I believe : evaluates to true. Can someone give a thorough explanation for this usage? Example for i in $IGGY do && skipdb=1 || : (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to add backslashes to end of certain lines of text

I'd like to write up notes in a relatively readable format and then use a shell script to add LaTeX formatting. Specifically, I'm trying to figure out how to add the LaTeX newline character (\\) to the end of lines without \begin{} or \end{} statements example notes file: \begin{enumerate} --... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: icskittles
2 Replies
MAVEN(1)							   User Commands							  MAVEN(1)

NAME
Maven - Creates a link from a jar already installed in /usr/share/maven-repo. SYNOPSIS
mh_linkrepojar [option]... [pom] [link]... DESCRIPTION
Create symlinks from the jar in the Maven repository to any location, usually to a file located in /usr/share/java. Where [pom] is the location of the POM associated with the jar to install. GroupId, artifactId and version will be extracted from this file. [link] is a link to the jar to install, usually there should be a link to usr/share/java/$jar.jar and usr/share/java/$jar-$version.jar to comply with the Java packaging guidelines. Note that there is no need to specify those particular links if the --java-lib option is used. OPTIONS
-h --help: show this text -V --version: show the version -p<package> --package=<package>: package to act on -r<rules> --rules=<rules>: gives the location of the rules file for special properties. Optional, the default location is debian/maven.rules -c<classifier> --classifier=<classifier>: Optional, the classifier for the jar in the Maven repository. Empty by default. -v --verbose: show more information while running -n --no-act: don't actually do anything, just print the results Maven Repo Helper version 1.7.1 January 2012 MAVEN(1)