Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: power off during weekend
Operating Systems Linux power off during weekend Post 302419901 by @dagio on Monday 10th of May 2010 04:02:34 AM
Old 05-10-2010
power off during weekend

Hello,
I would like to turn off (mean no energy consumption) some servers during the weekend.
I would like to do it automatically so i thought to create macro commands to a shell client.The problem is that giving shutdown (shutdown -h now) the server(Sun X4200 M2) turn off but the fans are still working.Do you have any idea how to power off the element?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Weekend Data Log

I've been searching here, and other places for a solid script that would generate a weekend log. Mainly how would I combine 24hr data for the weekend days? I've came across scripts for day, days, month, but none that selects just the weekend. Thanks for any help! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravzter
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

what are you doing this weekend?

does someone have any plans? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yarx
7 Replies
HALT(8) 							       halt								   HALT(8)

NAME
halt, poweroff, reboot - Halt, power-off or reboot the machine SYNOPSIS
halt [OPTIONS...] poweroff [OPTIONS...] reboot [OPTIONS...] DESCRIPTION
halt, poweroff, reboot may be used to halt, power-off or reboot the machine. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --help Prints a short help text and exits. --halt Halt the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. -p, --poweroff Power-off the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. --reboot Reboot the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. -f, --force Force immediate halt, power-off, reboot. Do not contact the init system. -w, --wtmp-only Only write wtmp shutdown entry, do not actually halt, power-off, reboot. -d, --no-wtmp Do not write wtmp shutdown entry. --no-wall Do not send wall message before halt, power-off, reboot. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. NOTES
These are legacy commands available for compatibility only. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), shutdown(8), wall(1) systemd 208 HALT(8)