Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support AIX : Create LV with poor man stripe Post 302419856 by hedkandi on Sunday 9th of May 2010 11:36:35 PM
Old 05-10-2010
i followed zxmaus's steps (edited some options) and redid all my steps after i removed tge whole VG, this time i picked PP size as 4 MB, then created LV (max size) mounted the FS then i extended it all the way. but then setting up the LV and VG somehow used up 1Gb from the disks allocated so i ended up with a FS of 119GB. i pasted to the customer the output in MB Smilie

thanks all!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install Man Pages on aix

How can I install the man pages on ibm unix aix 4.3? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GKL
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do you create a man page?

i've never done this before. i created a script that I placed in /usr/bin, but want to create a man page for it. i'm clueless thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theDirtiest
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MSR magnetic stripe card reader

Hi all I am working on MSR110 ...Can anyone plz tell me how to use the configuration commands with magnetic reader???. Please help me out as i have to develop API in C on linux platform.MSR110 is not responding to the configuration commands. Please help... Regards Mahima (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahima_er
0 Replies

4. AIX

man pages in AIX

Hi all. A friend of mine just recently gave me an old RISC 6000 machine to learn on for my AIX certification. I installed AIX 4.3.3 and everything seems to work fine, except there are no man pages. Is there a way to generate man pages on this machine? Thanks alot in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlynch912
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

please suggest computer languages to create man-machine interface for Linux applicati

I am new to program development on Linux. I wonder what computer languages are easy to grasp to create man - machine interactive interface software, which can accept inputs (parameters) from usrers, and present (display) the calculation results to users. Before, I have heared about Perl,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Resizing veritas mirror-stripe volume

Hi, Is there are any special preocedure for extending veritas mirror-stripe volume? In my case , volume lay out looks as below v test - ENABLED ACTIVE 419430400 SELECT - fsgen pl test-01 test ENABLED ACTIVE 419454720 STRIPE 3/128 RW sd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2k7.vipin
0 Replies

7. Linux

Raid 0 stripe size

I have a PERC 5/i card. Im using with it 3 15k rpm HDD's (model: SEAGATE Savvio 15K ST936751SS). Im going to install debian on this array.. and im looking for performance... So what would be the stripe size that i should set this raid 0 into to give me the best performance? Thanks (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: supermiguel
22 Replies

8. AIX

AIX striped LV - lslv stripe width has wrong value

Hello all. I have a volume group with 8 PV's, and a logical volume striped across these 8 volumes. However, an lslv is showing: STRIPE WIDTH: 9 STRIPE SIZE: 64k There's really only eight disks, so how can the stripe width be 9? ODM also showed this: # odmget CuAt |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scott
4 Replies

9. AIX

Case insensitive search in AIX man ?

Hello, Linux man command search is case insensitive by default, but not AIX man. How do I serch case insensitive while using AIX manual pages ? thanks Vilius (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
7 Replies

10. Solaris

solaris volume manager- stripe?

Hello Admins.. I am going through solaris volume manager guide for RAID-0 concatenation and stripes, I do not understand the concept of stripe from following example of concatenation. There is an eample for concatenation: # metainit d25 1 1 c0t1d0s2 d25: Concat/Stripe is setup the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
5 Replies
GNOME-DISKS(1)							gnome-disk-utility						    GNOME-DISKS(1)

NAME
gnome-disks - the GNOME Disks application SYNOPSIS
gnome-disks [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
gnome-disks is the command to launch the GNOME Disks application. Disks provides a way to inspect, format, partition and configure disks and block devices. The Disks application is single-instance. What this means is that if the application is not already running when the gnome-disks command is invoked, it will get launched and the command invocation will block until the application exits. Otherwise the existing application instance will be used and the gnome-disks command will exit immediately. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --block-device DEVICE Switches to the Disks application and selects the block device given by DEVICE (for example, /dev/sda). --block-device DEVICE --format-device [--xid WINDOW-ID] Shows the "Format Volume" dialog for the block device given by DEVICE (for example, /dev/sdb1). If WINDOW-ID is given, makes the dialog transient to the given XID. --help Prints a short help text and exits. AUTHOR
Written by David Zeuthen <zeuthen@gmail.com> with a lot of help from many others. BUGS
Please send bug reports to either the distribution bug tracker or the upstream bug tracker at https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gnome-disk-utility. SEE ALSO
gnome-disk-image-mounter(1), udisks(8) GNOME
March 2013 GNOME-DISKS(1)