Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: metadevice problem
Operating Systems Solaris metadevice problem Post 302419726 by kingston on Saturday 8th of May 2010 07:18:28 AM
Old 05-08-2010
thanks for ur quick reply....i re-partitioned all of my hard disk (obviously except root)...i outof six, four of my hdd having single partitions...say c1t1d0s7, c1t2d0s7,c1t3d0s7 and c1t4d0s7 with 33GB size. I created state replica database on all these slices and i configured mirroring too.(using c1t1d0s7 and c1t2d0s7)..it didnt give any overlapping error...Really i dont know what i am doing..Can you clarify the follwing questions.

1. is it possible to create State replica database on other slices which will not be used as volumes?
2. if it is possible what could be the size?
3. Earlierly i create two slices per hard disk c1t3d0s6 with 33.00 GB c1t3d0s7 with 50.78 MB. i created slices in slice 7 and slice 6 is for my mirroring. I did the same thing with target 4 hard disk.
what is the mistake in this?

Regards

Kingston S

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

insufficient metadevice database replicas ERROR

First I would like to thank this forum for assisting me in setting up my 1st sunbox. Could not have done it if it had not been for you guys and google :D I have mirrored my box and have SUCCESSFULLY tested booting from the rootdisk and rootmirror successfully. I am now looking at configuring... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

2. Solaris

increase metadevice size

Hi, I am having two metadevices d50 and d100 which are used to created soft partitions as and when required. d50 and d100 are metadevices formed on different disks. d50 -- disks 0 & 1 d100 -- disks 2 & 3 I have a soft partition d70 os 50 GB on d50. Now there is no free space on d50. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sag71155
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Negate alerting for particular metadevice.

Hi All... I have a script that checks for any problems(particularly looks for 'Needs Maintenance') with metadevices and alerts accordingly. This was not configured to alert for a particular metadevice. Now i want to negate alerting for a particular metadevice(say d40). Is this possible? I am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddybs
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to mount Metadevice

Hi, I am running Solaris 8 on a V880 which has recently crashed. It has got a fibre connection to a StorageTrek array containing my database info. Since the crash I have been unable to mount the 2 metadevices which correspond to /spool & /apps - these FS's contain my db info and theredore I... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs
20 Replies

5. Solaris

metadevice submirrors 0 and 1 not consistent

At a new job, I've inherited a handful of Solaris 10 SunFire V240 servers. I noticed that the metadevices are not consistent, in a way that I've not seen before.... internal mirrored disks: metadevice d60 has c1t0d0s6 as submirror 0 (d61) and c1t1d0s6 as submirror 1 (d62) metadevice... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max Power
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Replacement of metadevice with soft partitions

Hi guys, currently I'm working on one problem. I have Sol10 box where I need to replace old storage for the new one with minimal downtime. Layout of metadevice looks like this: d103 p 1.0GB d100 d102 p 2.0GB d100 d101 p 1.0GB d100 d100 s ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brusell
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Restoring a Root File System that was on a metadevice

Hello I use Solaris 10. I need to restore the root file system, but I don't know how . i can only boot the server in safe mode or with the cd (ok boot cdrom -s) Do you guys know a good procedure, I don't want to break the mirrors. ( the server is not a cluster). Its an emergency, i would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I reboot during a metadevice resync?

In my infinite lack of wisdom, I brought a Solaris 10(Sparc, 64 bit ) system down to init 1, detached a metadrive so that I could run format->analyze->refresh on it, and then reinit'd and reattached it . It started syncing the drive as it's a submirror of a mirrored drive, which happens... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: the.gooch
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem to understand METADEVICE and related commands

Hi everyone, I'm new with solaris administration. I have just discovered the notion of METADEVICE and I really don't understand it. Can any one please explain it to me or give me useful link ? I also want to know more about these commandes: metainit metadb metaattach Thank you ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adilyos
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Metadevice Too Small To Attach

Hi All, I am having trouble with my metadevices and I hope someone can help. when i try to attach my submirror i get the following error: root@xxxx>metattach d31 d21 metattach: tbair1: d21: submirror too small to attach root@xxxx> However, There is a submirror on the other disk which is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-Train
3 Replies
GLUDISK(3G)							   OpenGL Manual						       GLUDISK(3G)

NAME
gluDisk - draw a disk C SPECIFICATION
void gluDisk(GLUquadric* quad, GLdouble inner, GLdouble outer, GLint slices, GLint loops); PARAMETERS
quad Specifies the quadrics object (created with gluNewQuadric()). inner Specifies the inner radius of the disk (may be 0). outer Specifies the outer radius of the disk. slices Specifies the number of subdivisions around the z axis. loops Specifies the number of concentric rings about the origin into which the disk is subdivided. DESCRIPTION
gluDisk renders a disk on the z = 0 plane. The disk has a radius of outer and contains a concentric circular hole with a radius of inner. If inner is 0, then no hole is generated. The disk is subdivided around the z axis into slices (like pizza slices) and also about the z axis into rings (as specified by slices and loops, respectively). With respect to orientation, the +z side of the disk is considered to be ``outside'' (see gluQuadricOrientation()). This means that if the orientation is set to GLU_OUTSIDE, then any normals generated point along the +z axis. Otherwise, they point along the -z axis. If texturing has been turned on (with gluQuadricTexture()), texture coordinates are generated linearly such that where r = outer, the value at (r, 0, 0) is (1, 0.5), at (0, r, 0) it is (0.5, 1), at (-r, 0, 0) it is (0, 0.5), and at (0, -r, 0) it is (0.5, 0). SEE ALSO
gluCylinder(), gluNewQuadric(), gluPartialDisk(), gluQuadricOrientation(), gluQuadricTexture(), gluSphere() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1991-2006 Silicon Graphics, Inc. This document is licensed under the SGI Free Software B License. For details, see http://oss.sgi.com/projects/FreeB/. AUTHORS
opengl.org opengl.org 06/10/2014 GLUDISK(3G)