Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to stop the process that is running continously Post 302419676 by NehaKrish on Friday 7th of May 2010 11:52:56 PM
Old 05-08-2010
how to stop the process that is running continously

Hi there,

I have written a script to check daily process,
each script is in a different directory.
Now the first process is running fine, when it goes to the next directory the process doesn't executes.

Code:
cd result/logs
ref=month_1888.log 
echo $ref>> $logfile

cd /max/tot/first
total=first_mon_1777.log
echo $total>> $logfile
grep exists $total>> $logfile

now the ref runs fine, but the next total doesn't .

Please can anyone assit me ..

Thanks in Advance,
Neha.

Last edited by Scott; 05-08-2010 at 04:38 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

a process that never stop

Dears all i have an AIX box in which i am facing a problem with a process as below: /usr/dt/bin/dtexec -open 0 -ttprocid and each time i am killing this process with "kill -9" then it run again after a while. any ideas or solutions will be appreciated. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheEngineer
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running the job continously.

I run a job, before completion of that job, another one started the same job in the middle of running the same job. What will happen? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh08
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to stop the script which is running in background

Hi I have a script, which i ran in background, can someone please help in stopping this. i gave this command: ksh abc.ksh & this script sends me a mail every 30 seconds. i have deleted the script but still i am getting the mails. can some one please help me stopping dese. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek007
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to stop direct running of executable

Dear Sir, I am using CentOS-5.2(64-bit) as an server side OS in a cluster with 32 slaves+1 Master. My question is, after compiling a file with ifort, I am suppose to get a executable(say a.out). I want my users to do ssh slave.local and then do ./a.out But is it possible to restrict... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snbanerjee
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process running? Stop it

I have this "process keepalive" script: #!/bin/bash PIDFILE=/tmp/php.pid PHPSCRIPT=/home/www/mydomain.com/subdomains/www/parser.php echo 'Checking php process from PID file' if ; then PID=`cat $PIDFILE` if ps ax | grep -v grep | grep $PID > /dev/null then echo "php process still... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LukasB
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stop the process

I have the following log file running since yesterday and its consuming so much of the disk space. -rw-rw-r-- 1 dev dba 4543237120 Nov 10 09:00 load_run_file1_0.1111091224.lg How do i kill this process. I don't have any idea of stopping this. Any help would be really appreciated. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in running a script continuously non stop

Hi, I am running a schedular script which will check for a specific time and do the job. I wanted to run this continuously. Meaning even after the if condition is true and it executes the job, it should start running again non stop. I am using below script #!/bin/sh start: while true do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepcm
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nohup not give expected output. Non-stop running process

Hello, I am trying to make a bash script, I tested nohup but it did not help me. My code is: ffmpeg -i $input_url -c:v copy -c:a copy -listen 1 -f mpegts http://localhost:port/live/test When I open it in VLC, it starts feeding my screen and I see bitrate values. When I stop watching it,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
4 Replies
cachefswssize(1M)					  System Administration Commands					 cachefswssize(1M)

NAME
cachefswssize - determine working set size for cachefs SYNOPSIS
cachefswssize logfile DESCRIPTION
The cachefswssize command displays the workspace size determined from logfile. This includes the amount of cache space needed for each filesystem that was mounted under the cache, as well as a total. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cachefswssize when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2 **31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample output of cachefswssize. example% cachefswssize /var/tmp/samlog /home/sam end size: 10688k high water size: 10704k /foo end size: 128k high water size: 128k /usr/dist end size: 1472k high water size: 1472k total for cache initial size: 110960k end size: 12288k high water size: 12304k EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 success non-zero an error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cachefslog(1M), cachefsstat(1M), cfsadmin(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
problems were encountered writing log file There were problems encountered when the kernel was writing the logfile. The most common problem is running out of disk space. invalid log file The logfile is not a valid logfile or was created with a newer version of Solaris than the one where cachefswssize is running. SunOS 5.10 16 Sep 1996 cachefswssize(1M)