Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Nested SQL queries within Shell script Post 302419593 by curleb on Friday 7th of May 2010 02:44:23 PM
Old 05-07-2010
take out the go symbol in your nested query: ";" and put it on its own line prior to the EOF.
This User Gave Thanks to curleb For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

can nested SQl be run in Unix Script?

can nested SQl be run in Unix Script? I tried some and found only simply sql(one select) can work well in unix script. (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: YoYo
21 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sh Shell Script executing remote SQL queries

Hi there folks, I am trying to execute remote sql queries on an Oracle server. I would like to save the result of the executed sql queries on a text file, and send that text file as an attachment to an email address. Could anyone give me an idea on how the above could be achieved? Any help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Javed
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script for sql queries

Hi All, I have written 4 sql queries . Now I want to write one SHELL SCRIPTING program for all these queries... i.e 1.select * from head; 2. select * from detail; 3. delete from head; 4. delete from detail; Please let me know how to write a shell script... Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user71408
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script (with sql queries) not working using cron

Hi all, I have script, which performing sql queries and put output into file. When I run this script manually, its working fine, but when I want to schedule it with cron I am getting errors... I defined LD_LYBRARY_PATH and ,but no result. After I defined it, I am getting error: # more... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store results of multiple sql queries in shell variables in ksh?

Hi, I have a script where I make a sqlplus connection. In the script I have multiple sql queries within that sqlplus connection. I want the result of the queries to be stored in shell variables declared earlier. I dont want to use procedures. Is there anyway else. Thanks in advance.. Cheers (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonchusirsa
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing set of sql queries from shell script

Hi All, I tried executing set of queries from shell script but not able to capture the input query in the log file. The code looks something similar to below sqlplus user/pwd@dbname << EOF > output.log $(<inputfile.txt) EOF The above code is capturing the output of queries into... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: loggedin.ksh
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

run sql queries from UNIX shell script.

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using shell scripting for making queries on postgres sql

I have a situation where I have a list of airplanes that make a series of flights. Therefore I am looking up the different flights that each airplane makes based on a postgres sql query: select flightid from plane where airplane='DELTAx' As a result I get a series of flight numbers... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSNY
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies
Plucene::Search::BooleanQuery(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Plucene::Search::BooleanQuery(3pm)

NAME
Plucene::Search::BooleanQuery - a boolean query SYNOPSIS
# isa Plucene::Search::Query $query->add(Plucene::Search::Query $query, $required, $prohibited); $query->normalize($norm); my @clauses = $query->clauses; my $sum_sq_weights = $query->sum_squared_weights($searcher); my $as_string = $query->to_string($field); DESCRIPTION
A query that matches documents matching boolean combinations of other queries, typically TermQuerys or PhraseQuery A boolean query represents a composite query that may contains subqueries of arbitrary nesting level and with composition rules such as 'and', 'or' or 'not'. Boolean queries are represented in Plucene API by instances of the BooleanQuery class. Each BooleanQuery object contains a list of subqueries that are linked using instances of the adaptor class BooleanClause. The subqueries may be of any Query type such as term query, phrase query and nested boolean queries. Each sub query of a boolean query has two binary qualifiers that controls how its super query is matched. These qualifiers are o prohibited - when this flag is set, the matching status of the subquery is negated such that the query is considered as a match only when the sub query does not match. o required - when this flag is set, the sub query is required to match (or not to match if its 'prohibited' flag is set) for the super query to match. This this is a necessary but not sufficient condition for the super query to match. METHODS
add $query->add(Plucene::Search::Query $query, $required, $prohibited); Adds a clause to a boolean query. Clauses may be: required which means that documents which do not match this sub-query will not match the boolean query; prohibited which means that documents which do match this sub-query will not match the boolean query; or neither, in which case matched documents are neither prohibited from nor required to match the sub-query. It is an error to specify a clause as both required and prohibited. add_clause $self->add_clause(Plucene::Search::BooleanClause $c); Adds an already-formed clause onto the query. clauses my @clauses = $query->clauses; sum_squared_weights my $sum_sq_weights = $query->sum_squared_weights($searcher); normalize $query->normalize($norm); to_string my $as_string = $query->to_string($field); perl v5.12.4 2011-08-14 Plucene::Search::BooleanQuery(3pm)