Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix scripting doubts
Operating Systems Solaris Unix scripting doubts Post 302419357 by p_satyambabu on Friday 7th of May 2010 02:24:24 AM
Old 05-07-2010
Unix scripting doubts

i hav a file like this
Code:
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     controlm    4141 Nov 13  2006 /opt/scripts/prod/fvaauditlos.ksh
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     controlm    3958 Nov 13  2006 /opt/scripts/prod/fvaexpchbk1.ksh
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     controlm    6471 Nov 13  2006 /opt/scripts/prod/fvaexpchbk2.ksh
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     controlm    3960 Nov 13  2006 /opt/scripts/prod/fvaexpcrcm1.ksh

i want to print only below column, so plz suggest how to get this column alone
Code:
 root  
 root  
 root  
 root

Last edited by Scott; 05-07-2010 at 06:55 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix & C doubts

Hi, I have a few doubt here : 1) I want to run a 3 different 'C' programs in same session simulteneously (parelelly). if I make a shell, it is running one after another, I mean it shout run in 3 processors. 2) In 'C' program, how can I assing a value of the unix commant cat a.txt|wc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Unix Administration doubts ********

Hi, Can anyone tell me the correct answers for these: 1. You have 4 instances running on the same UNIX box. How can you determine which shared memory and semaphores are associated with which instance? 2. How do you increase the OS limitation for open files (LINUX and/or Solaris)? Thanks:p (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
1 Replies

3. Programming

Doubts About C Compiler In Unix/linux

As all of you know whenever a program "say a.c" is complied in linux using the gcc or the cc compiler..it shows the list of errors ( if the program contains any).. i want to modify the compier script so as to list the no of errors only and not the description about the error..like" parse error " ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vrs
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix doubts

Hello All, I am very new to UNIX. Please help me to find answers of below questions. 1.A script is saved with name ls. When we execute the script what it will execute? a) Will execute ls command b) Will execute the script c) Will execute script or command depends on the path ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aswathy
2 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

How to post a new thread (Regarding Unix related doubts) in Unix Forums

How to post a new thread (Regarding Unix related doubts) in Unix Forums. I registered my id but I am unable to post my Questions to Forum. Thanks & Regards, indusri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indusri
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix doubts

Write unix command to list or view auto links (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashishshah.engg
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic doubts related to Unix

Hi all, I have few question related to Unix environment and commands : 1. what is .chrc file contain and if it is not present then what happens. 2. what is .login file contain,in which dir it is present and what all other uses are their for this file 3. how and who calls .profile when you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix doubts

Hi All, 1. how and who calls .profile when you login 2. what is PPID and what means by PPID = 0 Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell scripting doubts

Hello All, I am working in a reputed software firm,currently working on testing platform (manual and automation).But I am very much intersted in unix and shell scripting,I feel that I am good at beginner level of shell scripting,still I want to practise shell scripting to become excel in it.I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maheshglm
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Few doubts on Linux scripting

1) I have to create 3 scripts which create different output files. Script one creates datafiles, script2 creates control files and script3 creates flg files. The business wants the same timestamp to be attached to all the files created by these scripts. Script1- Create data files - Data files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maya_Pillai
2 Replies
GZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)