Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to call arguments with variable in a script?? Post 302419134 by dr.house on Thursday 6th of May 2010 11:07:10 AM
Old 05-06-2010
Code:
#! /bin/bash

ARGS=( "$@" )
X=$(( $#-1 ))
while [ $X -ge 0 ]
do
  echo "${ARGS[$X]}"
  X=$(( $X-1 ))
done

exit 0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

can we send arguments to system() call

Hi friends my C code is int main() { system("cp <source> <destination>"); } my question is how to set variables for <source> and <destination> how can we pass it to system() call. can you suggest me thankyou kingskar (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingskar
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enviornment Variable in B shell (I call it nested variable)

#!/bin/sh APP_ROOT_MODE1=/opt/app1.0 APP_ROOT_MODE2=/opt/app2.0 APP_ROOT=${APP_ROOT_${APP_MODE}} # enviornment variable APP_MODE will be exported in the terminal where # we run the applciation, its value is string - MODE1 or MODE2 # My intension is: # when export APP_MODE=MODE1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: princelinux
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print arguments with the help of variable

Let's say I want to print the arguments $4 till $#, how can I do this? $# contains the number of arguments $@ contain all the arguments as string What i need is something like for i in $4_till_$#; do #do something with $i convert $i ~/$output done The first 3 arguments are used as options... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

write() system call arguments

Hi, I'm trying to understand the arguments from this system call, can someone help me figure it out? write(1, "/home/nick/11sp/fred\n", 27/home/nick/11sp/fred) = 27 for argument 1, i know it is a file descriptor which specifies standard output. Argument 2, i believe is "what is to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: l flipboi l
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to funnel stdout into call arguments?

This command successfully gives me the clearcase views I want in stdout, one line per view name. Each view name appears to have no spaces. cleartool lsview | grep -i `uname -n` | grep -v "ViewStorage\\|vgr_tools_sv" | cut -f 3 -d ' ' How can write a cygwin bash "for" loop that will iterate... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a awk script with variable and input filename

HI, MY question is a very simple one: if i want to call an awk script with the input file name and also pass a variable value , then how to do it. #>awk -f my_script.awk -v variable=value my_inputfile.txt I can't do it like this. throws error: awk: my_script.awk:18:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Onkar Banerjee
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script variable help, Varying number of arguments to excute script

Hi Guy's. Hopefully someone can help me with what I am trying to archieve. So situation currently is, I have a script already setup however I have another script that sits infront of it. The main script basically goes and searchs multiple platforms for a list of entered data. In... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to call a function with arguments

I need to call a function within a code with $database and $ service as the arguments How do I proceed ? and how would a function be defined and these two arguments would be used inside the function? calc_pref_avail $database $service Best regards, Vishal (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call Oracle function with multiple arguments from shell script?

Dear All, I want to know how can i call oracle function from shell script code . My oracle function have around 5 input parameters and one return value. for name in *.csv; do echo "connecting to DB and start processing '$name' file at " echo "csv file name=$x" sqlplus -s scoot/tiger <!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balraj
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call same function using 2 different arguments

I have a script that uses 2 arguments. I want to call the function part within this script using these same arguments. Below is what I came up with below script so far, any guidance would be helpful. Thank you! cat backup.sh #!/bin/bash function usage { echo "USAGE: $(basename $0)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
6 Replies
service(8)						      System Manager's Manual							service(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script in as predictable environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT. The supported values of COMMAND depend on the invoked script, service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS it to the init script unmodified. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start command. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. EXIT CODES
service calls the init script and returns the status returned by it. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, TERM The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
/etc/init.d/skeleton, update-rc.d(8), init(8), invoke-rc.d(8). Jan 2006 service(8)