Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete directory after 3 days Post 302419033 by thegeek on Thursday 6th of May 2010 05:21:05 AM
Old 05-06-2010
b/w those are not output, those are errors.

so, as a temporary solution redirecting error 2>>/dev/null might help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete files which are 7 days old

Hi all, how to write a script that will indentify the files in a directory which are 7 days old and delete those files. Thanks in advance Cheers Arunava (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunava_maity
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete files over 30 days

I have a directory that contains files. I would like the command that deletes all files that are over 30 days old. Delete files based on creation date and not modified. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GEBRAUN
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls latest 4 days or specify days of files in the directory

Hi, I would like to list latest 2 days, 3 days or 4 days,etc of files in the directory... how? is it using ls? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete last 10 days logs

Hi Can u please tell me how to delete last 10 days logs .. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pb18798
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete three days from date

i want to delete three days from system date ... date -3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a file after 3 days

Hi.. Am using diff to compare 2 directories(A & B) and as ouput i get a list of files which are found only in directory B ( I used grep & sed to create the list). Now I want to delete the files which are found only in dir B after 3 days. Please help me with this. Thanks CoolAtt (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a directory after X number of days

Hi How do I remove a directory which are some days old . For Ex : $ cd /WMID/data/temp/TxTest/Dev/txStore $ ls -ltr total 0 drwxr-xr-x 3 wmethods wmapp 80 Jul 21 03:36 0AE445C4 drwxr-xr-x 3 wmethods wmapp 80 Jul 21 04:00 0AE44664 drwxr-xr-x 3 wmethods... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo76
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than 10 Days in a directory

Hi All I want to remove the files with name like data*.csv from the directory older than 10 days. If there is no files exists to remove older than 10 days, It should not do anything. Thanks Jo (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshjohney
9 Replies

9. AIX

Want to delete directory, subdirectories and all files which are older than 7 days

how do i remove sub directories of a directory and all files which are older than 7 days by a single command in AIX. pls help me. I am using command as #find /gpfs1/home/vinod/hpc/ -depth -type d -mtime +7 -exec rm -rf {} \; so i want to delete all sub directories and all files from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinodkmpal
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files 30 days old

Will this work to delete files 30 days old in $backupDir or is there a better way to do it? find $backupDir -type f -mtime +30 -exec rm {} \; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wyclef
2 Replies
RSH(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    RSH(1)

NAME
rsh -- remote shell SYNOPSIS
rsh [-Kdnx] [-l username] host [command] DESCRIPTION
Rsh executes command on host. Rsh copies its standard input to the remote command, the standard output of the remote command to its standard output, and the standard error of the remote command to its standard error. Interrupt, quit and terminate signals are propagated to the remote command; rsh normally termi- nates when the remote command does. The options are as follows: -d The -d option turns on socket debugging (using setsockopt(2)) on the TCP sockets used for communication with the remote host. -l By default, the remote username is the same as the local username. The -l option allows the remote name to be specified. -n The -n option redirects input from the special device /dev/null (see the BUGS section of this manual page). If no command is specified, you will be logged in on the remote host using rlogin(1). Shell metacharacters which are not quoted are interpreted on local machine, while quoted metacharacters are interpreted on the remote machine. For example, the command rsh otherhost cat remotefile >> localfile appends the remote file remotefile to the local file localfile, while rsh otherhost cat remotefile ">>" other_remotefile appends remotefile to other_remotefile. FILES
/etc/hosts SEE ALSO
rlogin(1), HISTORY
The rsh command appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
If you are using csh(1) and put a rsh in the background without redirecting its input away from the terminal, it will block even if no reads are posted by the remote command. If no input is desired you should redirect the input of rsh to /dev/null using the -n option. You cannot run an interactive command (like rogue(6) or vi(1)) using rsh; use rlogin(1) instead. Stop signals stop the local rsh process only; this is arguably wrong, but currently hard to fix for reasons too complicated to explain here. Linux NetKit (0.17) August 15, 1999 Linux NetKit (0.17)