Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problem writing a simple c shell script Post 302418857 by Corona688 on Wednesday 5th of May 2010 01:54:57 PM
Old 05-05-2010
Try ls and see what the filename actually is...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help writing simple script

I'm trying to write a simple unix script that will delete files after 30 days of being created. I've never done this before but conceptually it sounds easy. Here is what I'm trying to do: Get System Date Get File Date If (sysdate-filedate>30days) rm file All of these files are contained... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamdoankc
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple shell script problem

hi all. i have a little problem. im basically reading input from the user from the keyboard into the variable "phonenumber". I want to do a little error check to check if the user doesnt enter anything in for the value phonenumber. i had this: read phonenumber if then ..... else ........ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djt0506
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP! writing simple shell script

how would i write a shell script to show the number of lines in which int variable appears in a c++ program. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadleg
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

one simple shell script problem

Hi everyone, I am facing to one shell script problem, which is as following Write a shell script that: Takes a number of arguments. For each argument, print out all files in the current directory that contain this substring in their name. I know I need to use grep for the second... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaloovia
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with IF - CAT - GREP in simple shell script

Hi all, Here is my requirement I have to search 'ORA' word in out.log file,if it is present then i need to send that file (out.log) content to some mail id.If 'ORA' word is not in that file then i need to send 'load succesful' message to some mail id. The below the shell script is not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mak_boop
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

newbie: writing ksh shell problem

my default profile is using ksh, I tried to write a simple scripts and I had issues, below is my scripts: $ more if_num.ksh USAGE="usage: if_num.ksh" print -n "Enter two numbers: " read x y if ((x=y)) then print "You entered the same number twice." when I tried to executed the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: matthew00
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with writing simple bash script

I want to write a bash script to: 1. Send an email from localhost to an external gmail account. (gmail then automatically forwards the message back to a pop account on the same server. 2. Script waits 3 minutes then checks to see if the email arrived, and if not, it sends an email to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sallyanne
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with writing into a file through shell script

Hi all, I have a shell script which I use to login to the server from the client and then from the server I run a bunch of other scripts to complete my task. I am having problems with the script below- #!/bin/bash while read line do connections=`echo $line | cut -d " " -f 1` period=`echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joydeep4u
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing a simple script to get total number of cpus/cores in server

Hi, I am very new to scripting and I wanted to write a unix shell script which can give me, 1)number of cpu's in a box 2)number of cores per cpu 3)total number of cores in abox (ie multiplying 1&2) I am also trying to figure out how to check if hyper-threading is enabled in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: steven12
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script (simple problem)

I want to find and replace string from files present in one directory. user will input the string to be searched and to replace . Here is my program but Not working echo "Enter Old domain name:" read old echo "Enter New domain name:" read new grep -rl '$old' /var/www/ | xargs sed -i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunny2802
4 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)