Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get part of string in awk from match Post 302418719 by pludi on Wednesday 5th of May 2010 07:37:19 AM
Old 05-05-2010
Perl to the rescue. If you want the complete line:
Code:
perl -lne 'print if /<a href=".*?">/;' file.html

If you want just the URI:
Code:
perl -lne 'print $1 if /<a href="(.*?)">/;' file.html

If you want just the link text:
Code:
perl -lne 'print $1 if /<a href=".*?">(.*?)<\/a>/;' file.html

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Part of string from 3rd field $3 using AWK

I'm executing "wc -lc" command in a c shell script to get record count and byte counts and writing them to a file. I get the result with the full pathname of the file. But I do not want the path name to be printed in the output file. I heard that using Awk we can get this but I don't have any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stakuri
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Awk command to get part of string based on delimeter

HI, Need awk command to get date and time alone from Input : "15:29:15 28.08.2010|SCHEDULE: Started program POSG1" Output expected : "15:29:15 28.08.2010" Please help. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanneykar
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

match string exactly with awk/sed

Hi all, I have a list that I would like to parse with awk/sed. The list is contains entries such as: JournalTitle: Biochemistry JournalTitle: Biochemistry and cell biology = Biochimie et biologie cellulaire JournalTitle: Biochemistry and experimental biology JournalTitle: Biochemistry and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: euval
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: process a part of string, leaving others unchanged

Hello, I have a bunch of strings of the following format: 11.22.33.44.in-addr.arpa x.y.z. What I want to do is format each string in this way: 44.33.22.11 x.y.z i.e. the string conists of two columns, where delimiter is space. I need to output modified first column (delimiter inside... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerorange
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk for trimming a string up to the first, then second, then third... match

Hi ! With awk, I would need to trim a string from the beginning up to the first occurrence of "1", then from the beginning up to the second occurrence of "1", then from the beginning up to the third, then the fourth...., then the last occurrence of "1". input: 1aaa1bb1ccccccc dd1e1ffff... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : match the string and string with the quotes :

Hi all, Here is the data file: - want to match only lan3 in the output . - not lan3:1 file : OPERATING_SYSTEM=HP-UX LOOPBACK_ADDRESS=127.0.0.1 INTERFACE_NAME="lan3" IP_ADDRESS="10.53.52.241" SUBNET_MASK="255.255.255.192" BROADCAST_ADDRESS="" INTERFACE_STATE=""... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match part of string in file2 based on column in file1

I have a file containing texts and indexes. I need the text between (and including ) INDEX and number "1" alone in line. I have managed this: awk '/INDEX/,/1$/{if (!/1$/)print}' file1.txt It works for all indexes. And then I have second file with years and indexes per year, one per line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoebus
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk, if line after string does not match insert

I have a large file with interface records. I need to check every record that has the string "encapsulation bridge1483" and if the next line after this does not have "ip description" then I need to insert a line to add "ip description blah_blah_blah. Sample file: interface atm 1/0.190158... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - how to compare part of the string?

Need help for awk.. file will have comma separated numbers, I need check digits before 10 numbers eg ( 001)1234567890 Basically want to check country code of a mobile number. eg: abc,def,data, data,0011234567890, data,data Script should be checking country code with 001, I will pass... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
10 Replies
PAR::Filter::Bytecode(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  PAR::Filter::Bytecode(3)

NAME
PAR::Filter::Bytecode - Bytecode filter SYNOPSIS
PAR::Filter::Bytecode->apply($code); # transforms $code DESCRIPTION
This filter is deprecated. The B::Bytecode code has been removed from the newest development series of perl and will not be included in perl 5.10 any more. Please have a look at Steve Hay's PAR::Filter::Crypto module if you want to hide your sources. This filter uses B::Bytecode to turn the script into comment-free, architecture-specific Perl bytecode, and uses ByteLoader to load back on execution. For pp users, please add an extra -M option, like this: pp -f Bytecode -M ByteLoader Otherwise, the implicit dependency on ByteLoader will not be detected. CAVEATS
This backend exhibits all bugs listed in B::Bytecode, and then some. Bytecode support is considered to be extremely fragile on Perl versions earlier than 5.8.1, and is still far from robust (as of this writing). Bytecode is not supported by perl 5.9 and later. SEE ALSO
PAR::Filter, B::Bytecode, ByteLoader Filter::Crypto, PAR::Filter::Crypto AUTHORS
Audrey Tang <cpan@audreyt.org> <http://par.perl.org/> is the official PAR website. You can write to the mailing list at <par@perl.org>, or send an empty mail to <par-subscribe@perl.org> to participate in the discussion. Please submit bug reports to <bug-par@rt.cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003-2009 by Audrey Tang <cpan@audreyt.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.18.2 2012-01-06 PAR::Filter::Bytecode(3)