Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with Unix Software on Windows Post 302418414 by sundaresanv on Tuesday 4th of May 2010 09:48:17 AM
Old 05-04-2010
yes.. you are right.. i am looking for software similar to cygwin

---------- Post updated at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:27 AM ----------

Hi ,
I need some software to run commands in Windows, like I are on UNIX

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

What is Your Favorite Anti-Virus Software for Windows at Home?

I used to have trendmicro I used it for free when I worked with a previous company, when I left I had to uninstall it and switched to using Zone Alarm. I tell you on some days I really want to pull my hair out when my PC really works like a snail and sometimes really so unresponsive for up to... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
20 Replies

2. Linux

What's better for running Windows software in Linux, Wine or Windows VMware?

What are the differences, advantages, and disadvantages? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need suggestions on Virtual Machine software for Windows

Hi, I am currently having an issue with Virtualbox. It, at one point in time, worked like a charm. Then my internal 500GB HD failed in my PC. It was under warranty and I sent off for another one but did not want to pay for the expedited shipping nor did I want to wait a few weeks to get the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tlarkin
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can I create Windows repair software in USB rather than CD?

My CD drive isn't working. So, is there any way to create windows recovery/repair software in flash drive/usb. This is the s/w which we use if system fails to boot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Automating an UNIX Based Software Package on Windows

The company I am with is using Oracle Supply Chain Planing 8.12.1 with JDE 8.12. This is a Unix based system running on Windows Servers using Hummingbird Exceed Version 14 for interactive processing We are currently attempting to automate the Advance Planning Agent flows on a couple of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pfaloney
2 Replies
SPLIT(1)							   User Commands							  SPLIT(1)

NAME
split - split a file into pieces SYNOPSIS
split [OPTION]... [INPUT [PREFIX]] DESCRIPTION
Output fixed-size pieces of INPUT to PREFIXaa, PREFIXab, ...; default size is 1000 lines, and default PREFIX is `x'. With no INPUT, or when INPUT is -, read standard input. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -a, --suffix-length=N use suffixes of length N (default 2) -b, --bytes=SIZE put SIZE bytes per output file -C, --line-bytes=SIZE put at most SIZE bytes of lines per output file -d, --numeric-suffixes use numeric suffixes instead of alphabetic -l, --lines=NUMBER put NUMBER lines per output file --verbose print a diagnostic just before each output file is opened --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit SIZE may be (or may be an integer optionally followed by) one of following: KB 1000, K 1024, MB 1000*1000, M 1024*1024, and so on for G, T, P, E, Z, Y. AUTHOR
Written by Torbjorn Granlund and Richard M. Stallman. REPORTING BUGS
Report split bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> Report split translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for split is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and split programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'split invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.5 February 2011 SPLIT(1)