Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl - CAPTURE query
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl - CAPTURE query Post 302418384 by gefa on Tuesday 4th of May 2010 06:54:55 AM
Old 05-04-2010
Many thanks for that.

Just another question how is possible to split a field within perl

for example in a file I might have something like these fields seperated by a space;

this is a test
again this is a test

I want to read the file line by line and split each line so that I have a variable containing field one and a second variable containing all other fields?

I can do this in awk but being new to perl I'm not sure how to do it in perl.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

lazy capture don't work (regexp in perl)

hello all im trying to capture only the first brackets but no matter what i do i keep capturing from the first brackets to the last one , here what i have : <% if (!Env.strLen(oidInvoice)); szDocumentTitle = Env.formatS("S",Env.getMsg("BP_INVOICE_ENUMERATION_CREATE_TITLE")) %> and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl query

a file test.dat has the following David Veterinarian John Orthopedist Jeff Dentist perl -p -e "s/\s*(\w+).*/$1/;" test.dat ......will print David Jonh Jeff how does the part in double quotes work out.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query in perl

can any1 give me line by line explanation for the following perl script as i dunno perl .. n i have searched in google .. but still thn i wanna confirm my findings fro perl experts :mad: perl -e 'while (<>) { print; $num = 2 if /fail_halt/i; $num = 1 if (/failure/i && ($num < 1)); }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dana Evans
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Perl - PostGreSql query

Guys, I guess, I posted something in the wrong forum. Here it is - https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/67395-perl-postgrepsql-question.html Can you please help me with this? Regards, garric (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Query Regarding format

Hello people. I have got the following script QM=ARGV; open (CHS_OUT, "echo 'DISPLAY QSTATUS(SYSTEM.CLUSTER.MY.QUEUE) all'|runmqsc $qm|"); while (<CHS_OUT>) { if ( /QUEUE\(/ ) { $QueueName = ValueParser("QUEUE", 6); } if ( /IPPROCS\(/ ) { $InpProcs = ValueParser("IPPROCS", 8); #print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Capture system call error message.

Hi, I googled a bit, but could not find the answer to my problem. But I am sure it is a common issue. I have this code: #!/bin/perl -w #-d use strict; sub remsh_test() { my $host = $_; printf "\n----\n\n"; printf "remsh to $host with system call\n"; my $result = system... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to capture date/time in seconds in PERL... Cant understand errors

I'm Using this script to find the time of a file. I'm very much new to PERL and found this script posted by some one on this forum. It runs perfectly fine, just that it gives me following errors with the accurate output as well. I jus want the output to be stored in another file so that i can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankimmehta
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture query returned values in file.

Hi All, I am connecting to Oracle DB from UNIX script. Want to capture all dates between start date and end date and store them in file. Once this is done, want to read dates one by one. How to achive this in UNIX and Oracle? Please let me know if you have any idea on the same. Thanks and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
4 Replies

9. Programming

Perl Query

Hi , Im using the below script to find the Good and Bad for the file permission. $rc=`find /etc/security/opasswd -perm 0600 -print -ls`; if($rc == 1) { print "GOOD: AD.1.8.4.1: The file /etc/security/opasswd exists and had permission 0600\n\n"; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture output of open pipe to a file in perl

Hi, I am trying to capture the output of the an open pipe in perl. but I am not sure how to do this. can some one please help me do that? Below is the script I am using (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
2 Replies
tmpfile(3)						     Library Functions Manual							tmpfile(3)

NAME
tmpfile - Creates a temporary file LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc.so, libc.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> FILE *tmpfile ( void ); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: tmpfile(): XSH4.2 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The tmpfile() function creates a temporary file and returns its FILE pointer. The file is opened for update. The temporary file is automat- ically deleted when the process using it terminates. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the tmpfile() function returns a pointer to the stream of the file that is created. Otherwise, it returns a null pointer and sets errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
The tmpfile() function sets errno to the specified values for the following conditions: A signal was caught during tmpfile(). OPEN_MAX file descriptors are currently open in the calling process. [Tru64 UNIX] All available file descriptors are currently open in the calling process. The maximum allowable number of files is currently open in the system. The directory or file system that would contain the new file cannot be expanded. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: fopen(3), mktemp(3), tmpnam(3), unlink(2), getdtablesize(2) Standards: standards(5) delim off tmpfile(3)