Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Is there a log for password change? Post 302418370 by hergp on Tuesday 4th of May 2010 05:03:36 AM
Old 05-04-2010
I think, the only chance to do this is using Solaris auditing.

See: Solaris Auditing (System Administration Guide: Security Services) - Sun Microsystems

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can't change password

I have just upgraded one on my solaris 8 machine to solaris 9 the upgraded went fine and user have loging on successfully and authenticated user logon on nis successfully. My Nis master runs on solaris 8. my solaris 9 machine is configure as a Nis client and authenticated user successfully but... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change password by pushing encrypted password to systems

I'm tasked to change a user's password on multiple Linux systems (RH v3). I though copying the encrypted password from one Linux /etc/shadow file to another would work but I was wrong. The long term solution is to establish an openLDAP Directory service, but for now I'm stuck with a manual... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benq70
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

How I Can Change The Password

I need change the password a two user. what're the commands to complete this requerement (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobangarcia
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

change password ??

Hey all, How to reset the password to a given user id ?? I used passwd commands, but now for that user there are 2 passwords. i.e the old and new passwords. as : passwd mqcfaostt oldpassword : pass1 new password : pass2 Confirm new password : pass2 Now, su - mqcdaostt is working for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
4 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

how to change password?

for my membershi id in this site. :) Regards Indrajit (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ipzig
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change root password using shell script with standard password

Hi Friends. I am new to scripting now i want to change the root password using the script with standard password. which is the easy scripting to learn for the beginner, Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 8 - Asks for current root password when trying to change root password.

Hello All, I have several solaris boxes running Solaris 8. When changing root passwords on them, all will simply ask for the new root password to change and of course to re-type the new password. One of the systems however asks for the existing root password before it will display the new password... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tferrazz
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Password Change

When I am trying to change the password of my account. I could see the following error: passwd: Changing password for ramu Enter existing login password: passwd: Sorry: less than 14 days since the last change. Permission denied Is anybody out there who can help me in changing my password? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
4 Replies

9. AIX

Change password to blank password

AIX 6.1 User has a password set. It needs to be a blank password (no password). smit passwd enter user name at change password and confirm password, just press ENTER Afterwards, I could not log on with blank password or with original password. How can I change the password to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: landog
2 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
SYS(1)							       AFS Command Reference							    SYS(1)

NAME
sys - Reports the compile-time CPU/operating system type SYNOPSIS
sys DESCRIPTION
The sys command displays the string set at compile time that indicates the local machine's CPU/operating system (OS) type, conventionally called the sysname. This string is the default for the value stored in kernel memory. The Cache Manager substitutes this string for the @sys variable which can occur in AFS pathnames; the OpenAFS Quick Start Guide and OpenAFS Administration Guide explain how using @sys can simplify cell configuration. To set a new value in kernel memory, use the fs sysname command. To view the current value set in the kernel, use either fs sysname or livesys. CAUTIONS
You almost always want to use livesys rather than this command. The sys command displays a single value hard-coded at compile time. It does not query the Cache Manager for the current value and it does not report sysname lists. If you have changed the local system type with fs sysname, or if you run a version of sys compiled differently than the Cache Manager running on the system, the value returned will not match the behavior of the Cache Manager. The only reason to use sys is that livesys wasn't available in older versions of AFS. OUTPUT
The machine's system type appears as a text string: I<system_type> EXAMPLES
The following example shows the output produced on a Sun SPARCStation running Solaris 5.7: % sys sun4x_57 PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
fs_sysname(1), livesys(1) The OpenAFS Quick Start Guides at <http://docs.openafs.org/>. The OpenAFS Administration Guide at <http://docs.openafs.org/AdminGuide/>. COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 SYS(1)