Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Exporting my dynamical variable won't work? Post 302418357 by Pesk on Tuesday 4th of May 2010 03:30:37 AM
Old 05-04-2010
ok, rephrasal xD

Given the following piece of code put in a shell function..

Code:
for filecheck in $(ls -A) 
do
  case $filecheck in
    $CREATE_VAR_OK) eval ${PWD##*/}=$PWD ; echo set ${PWD##*/} for $PWD ; eval export ${PWD##*/};;
  esac
done

...Is there anyone who knows why my variable given the name ${PWD##*/} won't be extracted to the environment as long as the shell runs, but only during the runtime of the script?

.. (A)

Last edited by Franklin52; 05-04-2010 at 04:33 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why won't this Work?

hey programmers! 1-why won't gcc accept as an argument? i tried the recommendations on the man page of getch(),..etc. nothing worked. 2-why it won't see <iostream> && <fstream> even if i implemented the function as follow std::cout<<"..etc"<<endl; 3-after i type this code in it gives... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbabeli
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ksh Why Won't IF Statement work?

I'm trying to figure out why this if statement won't work: if || $zipcount != 6 ]] then echo ${myline} echo "ZIPCODE WARNING! ${zipcode} ${zipcount}" fi if ]] then echo ${myline} echo "STATE WARNING!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: developncode
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed won't work

Hi All, can anybody tell me what's wrong with this code? # SEARCH replaced by REPLACE #!/bin/bash SEARCH="95$$ 0 t" REPLACE="95$$ 1 t" for I in `ls *000.inp | cut -c-12`; do echo $I sed 's/$SEARCH/$REPLACE/' ${I}-000.inp > ${I}-100.inp done It don't replace the string... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
5 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Why won't the at command work in Mac OS X?

I typed: echo "echo hi > at_log.txt" | at now +1minute to test the at command on my terminal. I got the message: job 8 at Thu Feb 25 18:42:00 2010 I waited for a minute but nothing happened. I tried listing at_log.txt, but it said there was no such file. Am I doing something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A very simple script, but alias won't work

I am new to unix and therefore I did a lot of reading before posting. So please, if this has been answered before, forgive me for re-posting and point me to the right place for the answer. I have spent many hours searching the net and read over 50 posts in this forum and even tried a few thing but... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: sssccc
20 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenSolaris, Wireless won't work, help please!

I just installed a fork of opensolaris, and I really like it. I would hate going back to Ubuntu, But one issue, I cannot get my Dell Wireless 1450 Wireless USB Adapter working. On Ubuntu 10.4 I just installed nonfree firmware, but I guess it doesn't work that way on Solaris, any help would be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stormos
5 Replies

7. Solaris

string extraction won't work. Why?

#!/usr/bin/ksh set -x testfile=my.test.file.flag echo ${testfile: (-4)} #/home/maldohe/scripts/spawn1& sleep 3 echo myspawn is now ending exit Background: I am trying to extract the word flag from anf given file name. This is a demo script that I am working on to fix a production issue.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
8 Replies

8. BSD

Install cd won't work

Hi! I'm sure that somebody here installed freeBSD from a download of a virtual disc (.iso). But I made 5 downloads of 5 differents freeBSD installation (and no one has worked).Can somebody tell me where to download and how (if needed) to prepare the cd? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxum
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Images won't work?

Hello, Images won't work on UNIX when I try posting them on my website I'm working on. It doesn't show the image, and it's simply erroring. Help! Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yazan
5 Replies

10. IP Networking

NAT via iptables - Won't work!!

Hi guys I'm running on debian on a small embedded system. I have a ppp interface that is connected to the internet (and works). My unit also has wifi access point (which works and I can connect to it). I want to allow connections to the wifi to be able to use the internet from ppp0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alirezan1
1 Replies
DH-EXEC-SUBST(1)						      dh-exec							  DH-EXEC-SUBST(1)

NAME
dh-exec-subst - Debhelper executable file substition scripts SYNOPSIS
#! /usr/bin/dh-exec src/libfoo-*.so.* debian/foo-plugins/usr/lib/foo/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/ DESCRIPTION
Being a sub-command of dh-exec(1), this program must not be ran directly, but through dh-exec, which automatically runs all available sub-commands if run bare; or explicitly with dh-exec --with=subst. It is a wrapper around the various other substitution helpers, and will pipe the input file through all the available substitution helpers. It is up to these scripts to do the actual work. When a helper fails to expand a variable within its input, it will leave it as-is, so that later in the pipeline it can perhaps be expanded by another program. SCRIPTS
dh-exec-subst-env Substitutes any of the available, exported environment variables into its input. It does not do any kind of filtering: whatever is available in the environment, will be available for substitution, however unsafe that may be. dh-exec-subst-multiarch Attempts to expand any of the variables known to dpkg-architecture(1), mostly useful for multi-arch support. The command will query dpkg-architecture(1) directly, and does not rely on environment variables set (as the called program will prefer already set environment variables anyway). ENVIRONMENT
DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR Indicates which directory the command-specific scripts should be sought for. If not specified, scripts will be searched for in /usr/share/dh-exec/. FILES
$DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR/dh-exec-subst-* The various scripts for the higher-level program. SEE ALSO
debhelper(1), dh-exec(1) AUTHOR
dh-exec-subst is copyright (C) 2011-2012 by Gergely Nagy <algernon@madhouse-project.org>. 2012-05-03 DH-EXEC-SUBST(1)