Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Constructing a string by reading the contents of 2 files Post 302417986 by cakerack on Sunday 2nd of May 2010 06:25:08 AM
Old 05-02-2010
Thanks guys - this is exactly what I wanted - obviously I have some way to go! Anyway thanks a million...

Cheers

Sean

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

reading contents on a 4mm tape

I am experimenting with one of my TSM processes, and I am trying to write something to a 4mm tape. I tried to use the tctl command, but, I was unsuccessful. what AiX command can I run in order to see if my output is on the tape ? Thank You ! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DATDANGGADUDE
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading specific contents from 1 input files and appending it to another input file

Hi guys, I am new to AWK and unix scripting. Please see below my problem and let me know if anyone you can help. I have 2 input files (example given below) Input file 2 is a standard file (it will not change) and we have to get the name (second column after comma) from it and append it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sksahu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading and printing one by one contents of a file

I have a file which has following contents: localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552455.xml localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552460.xml localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552467.xml localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552759.xml localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552969.xml localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552975.xml ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Multiple files by reading a input file and changing the contents

Being new to this area .I have been assigned a task which i am unable to do . Can any one please help me . Hi I have requirement where i have input file XYZ_111_999_YYYYMMDD_1.TXT and with header and series of Numbers and Footer. I want to create a mutiple output files with each file having a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargavkr
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing a particular string in all files in folder and file contents

I need to replace all filesnames in a folder as well as its content from AK6 to AK11. Eg Folder has files AK6-Create.xml, AK6-system.py etc.. the files names as well as contents should be changes to AK9-Create.xml, AK9-system.py etc All files are xml and python scripts. ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Candid247
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Report and Reading data and fetching the details from contents file

Data I was trying to write shell script which will be return the output in the below format First i was trying to do these using sed. sed -n '/.ksh/p' mainksh.ksh sed -e 's/*\(.*\)/\1/g' mainksh.ksh $RUN_DIR, $SUB_DIR and the variables which will be defined in the profile file. when i am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameshds
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading file contents until a keyword

Hi Guys, I need to read a file until I find a blank line. and in the next iteration I want to continue reading from the line I find a keyword. For ex: my file looks like PDS_JOB_ALIAS CRITERIA_ITEM_TYPE PDS_JOB_CRITERIA_ITEM CRITERIA_ITEM_TYPE First I want to read the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infintenumbers
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looping/Reading file contents not working

Hi, I am doing something basic, but I am missing something. Im trying to read the contents of a file and taking those values and connecting to a database. However, it only connect to one (or reads in) value and then exists. Here is what it looks like: listname.txt db1 db2 db3 Script:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: DBnixUser
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading the contents of the file and splitting using ksh

We're using a ksh script for installing one product. I've another config file, I'd need to read this configuration file from my main script Content of the Configuration file:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bittu129
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading contents of files from a directory

I have a directory with the files, 1st: I want to Diplay each filename, underline it 2nd: Display the contents under the filename and 3rd: Redirect the above content to other file 4th: Remove the files from the directory #!/bin/ksh for i in $( cat $a/b/c.txt ) do echo "... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aditya_001
1 Replies
Pod::Perldoc::ToText(3) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Pod::Perldoc::ToText(3)

NAME
Pod::Perldoc::ToText - let Perldoc render Pod as plaintext SYNOPSIS
perldoc -o text Some::Modulename DESCRIPTION
This is a "plug-in" class that allows Perldoc to use Pod::Text as a formatter class. It supports the following options, which are explained in Pod::Text: alt, indent, loose, quotes, sentence, width For example: perldoc -o text -w indent:5 Some::Modulename CAVEAT
This module may change to use a different text formatter class in the future, and this may change what options are supported. SEE ALSO
Pod::Text, Pod::Perldoc COPYRIGHT AND DISCLAIMERS
Copyright (c) 2002 Sean M. Burke. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. AUTHOR
Current maintainer: Mark Allen "<mallen@cpan.org>" Past contributions from: brian d foy "<bdfoy@cpan.org>" Adriano R. Ferreira "<ferreira@cpan.org>", Sean M. Burke "<sburke@cpan.org>" perl v5.16.3 2013-04-27 Pod::Perldoc::ToText(3)