Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris urgent: single-user-mode, /var/tmp read-only Post 302417977 by Sun Fire on Sunday 2nd of May 2010 02:57:26 AM
Old 05-02-2010
urgent: single-user-mode, /var/tmp read-only

this is the situation:

Power outage. Root mirror (svm).

it goes to single-user-mode, asking for fsck.

Fsck suceeds for one disk, but fail for the other.

I can't use vi-editor, it says /var/tmp/Xz12a is a read-only file system.

I need to break the mirror, there's no copy of /etc/vfstab.orig or /etc/system...I need to edit these files to break the mirror.

CDROM is not booting at all. It's solaris 10 6/06, Sun Enteprrise 450.

No boot server.

mount -o rw,remount didn't work either !

I'm stuck...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single-user mode

how do you boot into single user mode? RedHat 7.1 Caldera 2.4 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorro81
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring /tmp and /var/tmp for suspicous activity

Hello, does anyone have a script that can check the contents of the /tmp directory and for example e-mail the directory content if anything other than session files are present? Maybe there are better ways to monitor suspicous /tmp and /var/tmp activity, if so I'm listening :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesbond
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

single user mode

Is there another way of switching to single user mode except by typing /usr/sbin/shutdown 0 ??? :rolleyes: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

single user mode

How to diable the single user mode.. what i want is dat my users are unable to boot in single user mode via GRUB.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankit.jss
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Can't read floppy and cdrom in single user mode

I am having trouble reading floppy and crom in single user mode. running volcheck doesn't do anything I am using Solaris -10 on Sun blade 150. Has anybody seen this problem .. or do I have to manually mount the cdrom ...and floppy ??? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajnabi
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent - Single User Mode -Unisys System V Release 4.0

Hello All, I have a Unisys 6000/65 machine running Unix System V Release 4.0.My problem is that we received an error that said "SPCS error occurred"and "vxfs:vx -ilisterr-inode 62585 mark bad /filesystem".The machine was stuck and I had to restart it.Now I cannot login from any workstation or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liverpool
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to Single user mode?

How to enter single user mode when UNIX/LINUX system is starting? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gkreddy
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single user mode - user accounts passwords

hello ppl, someone must be able to help with this --> I have an old NCR tower 32 with an ADDS terminal running a unix version 020102 (Im not sure if thats correct but its unix for sure). I have no user names and no passwords and need to login to read a tape. Is there any way to do that? I hear... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orestis
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

[Errno 22] invalid mode ('w') or filename: '//var/lib/yum/rpmdb-indexes/conflicts.tmp'

Can anyone help me with this error? sudo yum install perl-Gtk2-WebKit Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit, versionlock Setting up Install Process Resolving Dependencies --> Running transaction check ---> Package perl-Gtk2-WebKit.i686 0:0.09-1.fc15 will be installed -->... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Single user mode

Dear All I am trying to install my os as : ok>boot cdrom - install but receiving the following : "IDprom checksum error getexecname() failed /sbin/rcS /etc/vfstab cannot create INIT:failed write utmpx enrty INIT:single user mode INIT:execle of /etc/sulogin failed Enter run level" Can you... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadimotamedi
6 Replies
JIGDO-MIRROR(1) 														   JIGDO-MIRROR(1)

NAME
jigdo-mirror - Maintain a mirror of images offered with jigdo SYNOPSIS
jigdo-mirror [ config-file ] DESCRIPTION
See jigdo-file(1) for an introduction to Jigsaw Download. jigdo-mirror is a script intended for people who want to offer direct HTTP or FTP downloads of files for which only the jigdo and template files are available. As the first step of using jigdo-mirror, you need to set up normal HTTP/FTP/rsync mirroring both of the `.jigdo'/`.template' files and of the parts that are needed for the reconstruction of the images. For example, in the case that you want to mirror Debian CD images with jigdo-mirror, you need a mirror of the `.jigdo'/`.template' files and a Debian mirror on the local machine. At regular intervals (preferably immediately after the normal mirroring has finished), schedule a run of jigdo-mirror. It will search through a given directory for any `.jigdo' files and attempt to create all images offered by each file. The script requires you to set a number of variables - please refer to the start of /usr/bin/jigdo-mirror for a description of each of them. Since /usr/bin/jigdo-mirror will be overwritten whenever you upgrade jigdo-mirror, it is highly recommended not to change the set- tings directly in this script. Instead, personal settings should be saved in a file called .jigdo-mirror in your home directory, or in a different file whose name is then passed to the script as its first (and only) command line argument. SEE ALSO
jigdo-file(1), jigdo-lite(1) CD images for Debian Linux can be downloaded with jigdo <URL:http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/>. AUTHOR
Jigsaw Download <URL:http://atterer.net/jigdo/> was written by Richard Atterer <jigdo atterer.net>, to make downloading of CD ROM images for the Debian Linux distribution more convenient. 19 May 2006 JIGDO-MIRROR(1)