Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Poll for a file. If not present...Send a alert mail Post 302417970 by durden_tyler on Saturday 1st of May 2010 11:05:51 PM
Old 05-02-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by phani333
...I am running on HP-Unix.
Then search this forum for sending emails in HP-Unix !

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pull E-mail address from file, send e-mail

Hello, I am new to perl and need to create a script that will read a file and pull a name from the file and send e-mail. How can I use the following awk statement in a perl script? grep UNIXadmins /root/mail.conf | awk '{ print $2}' and use the output to send a e-mail. Any help would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DC Heard
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to send alert mail

hi, i need to monitor a cron job that runs every 5 mins. if this cron job does not process the request for more than 6 hrs, an alert mail should be sent. how do i achieve this?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smurala
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use SSH to connect to Primary DB and send alert mail

Hi All, AIX 5.3 64 bit: I am using the below shell script the objective is: Objective: ======== Use SQL*Plus to query the MAX(SEQUENCE#) from both databases V$LOG_HISTORY view. If the STANDBY appears to be falling behind,then send alert mail through the below shell script: How... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automatically send a mail alert if the script errors out

I have a script like this, which calls other scripts from that script: #!/usr/ksh moveFiles.sh extract.sh readfile=/home/sample.txt cat $readfile | while read line do file= `echo $line|awk '{print $4}'` if ; then mv $file /home/temp_stage fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss3944
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send an alert if a file is present in a directory for 10 min

hi, A script which look into a directory and send an alert via a mail. If there is any file exisiting in a directory for more then 10 min. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madfox
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write a shellscript to send a mail alert to the website user based on license expiration time

hi, i am very much new to shell scripting i have a requirement that i have to develop a License Renewal Alert system that has to give a alert mail to the users before 30days of user account expiration, by checking expiration date of the user with the data base, this system will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepu_Shscripts
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If File is present send a mail and Archive

Hi , Please help me with a logic, how can I acheive the below. I have a directory /eth/Src/, when ever there is a file(or files) created in this directory, (after the file is completely copied to the /eth/Src/ directory) I need to zip all the files and mail the files to a particular email id... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wangkc
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send mail alert

HI Guys, I am writing one shell script to send the mail alert to some email id's if the file not modified in last 10 mins but its not working, I believe MTIME is null string is wrong . can you please assist me on this. script :- filename="abc.txt" echo "Filename is $filename"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to send mail alert

Hi I have below shell script to send mail alert , however I want to add more functionality in this script and that is , script should only check that file between 9 am to 5pm , and if there is no activity in this time 9 am to 5 pm for 2hours then it should give me mail alert, please help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scazed
2 Replies
MACUTIL(1)						      General Commands Manual							MACUTIL(1)

NAME
macutil - A package that deals with MacIntosh files on a Unix system DESCRIPTION
macutil is a package that contains a number of utilities that deal with MacIntosh files on a Unix system. It contains the following pro- grams: binhex Convert files to BinHex 4.0 compatible hexified form. frommac Receives files from the MacIntosh on the Unix system. hexbin Convert hexified files to their MacIntosh format. macsave Save a series of files from a MacBinary stream as individual files. macstream Combine a series of files to a MacBinary stream. macunpack Unpack a MacIntosh archive into its constituents. tomac Transmits files from the Unix system to a MacIntosh. BUGS
This manual page is hopelessly incomplete! SEE ALSO
binhex(1), frommac(1), hexbin(1), macsave(1), macstream(1), macunpack(1), tomac(1) AUTHOR
Dik T. Winter, CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (dik@cwi.nl) 3rd Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1992 MACUTIL(1)