Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Server RAM Usage checkup & support Post 302417624 by Paarth on Friday 30th of April 2010 07:12:51 AM
Old 04-30-2010
Server RAM Usage checkup & support

Hi RAM of my system is 24 GB however when i checked the processes pids and counted the memory usage by pmap i found out that the total memory usage is 36 GB

It s obvious that my system might be using some of virtual memory or swap space . How can i check which memory it is using and how ..

Also what can be impact of this high RAM usage of the system ?

one impact i have noticed that it has become slow .

Thanks in Advace ...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Shared web server resources (CPU&RAM)

Hello, guys ! Long time no seen. I have a question about Linux web servers. I guess it is a more general question, but in my case it is a Linux web server. I want to know how much RAM memory should I put on my servers. Do you have some formula or guidelines on how should I calculate the amount... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
1 Replies

2. Solaris

RAM Physical Memory usage by each Process.

Hi All, I am trying to find the physical memory usage by each process/users. Can you please let me know how to get the memory usage?. Thanks, bsraj. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsrajirs
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to check RAM usage

Hi Guys, How can i check the RAM usage for a particular user on the Linux machine. What command can be used. Thanks in advance, Swapna (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

RAM usage Information

Hi i just wanted to know what is the code to display amount of RAM and also the percentage used? I know i can possibly use the vmstat code but what part indicates the RAM? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: warlock129
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

6. Linux

Ram Usage

Hi one of our applications that runs on our Linux server leaks memory resulting in Ram that was used by the program not being released back to the operating system once a file has been processed. the result is over a very short period virtual all the memory has been used. an example currently ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
8 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

RAM Usage discrepancy

Hey there! I'm a new user here who registered because I couldn't get these kind of questions answered in the place I directly com from. :o I've found a discrepancy in total RAM used and I can't figure out why it is. My only guess is there are some RAM used by some stuff impossible to identify,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dasx
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Peak Ram Usage

grpdsku program allows user to check their group disk space in a server environment. The data in the dialog box queries a text file. Each text file is labeled with a current timestamp. Results output to a msgbox. Also, results output to a csv file. The csv file is sent to the user via email ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ubuntu 14.04 - how to less ram usage

Hello, I have an ubuntu14.04 installed pc with 32GB ram. Operating System: Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS Kernel: Linux 4.9.148-xxxx-std-ipv6-64 Architecture: x86_64 When I check free memory it shows: total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 31882 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)