Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Connect to database from different unix box Post 302417622 by guruprasadpr on Friday 30th of April 2010 07:09:23 AM
Old 04-30-2010
Hi Gaurav
Try this only if you cannot establish what anchal suggested before.
1. Keep the sql part of your script in a separate file.
2. Just before the sql part comes, do automatic ftp or rcp and place this sql script in the box in which oracle connection is present.
3. Followed by step 2 in your shell script, do an "remsh" and connect to the box2 and run the sql script

Thanks
Guru.

Last edited by Scott; 05-04-2010 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: Removed link

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect to database db2 through Unix Shell Script

I am trying to connect to database db2 through shell script. The process I am trying is > db2 It gives me error Access Denied. While checking for access I have the rights. Is there ant other way round..? Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running UNIX commands remotely in Windows box from Unix box – avoid entering password

I am able to run the UNIX commands in a Windows box from a UNIX box through "SSH" functionality. But whenever the SSH connection is established between UNIX and Windows, password for windows box is being asked. Is there a way to avoid asking password whenever the SSH connection is made? Can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: D.kalpana
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare all files in one unix box has been to copied to another unix box

Hi our unix admin has copied all files from one unix box to new unix box. We just need to confirm that all the file systems are copied properly. How to validate. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddym
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how will i connect postgres database from unix shell script

I have got the solution so just closing this issue. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp file starting with particular name on Windows box to Unix box using shell script

Hello all ! I'm trying to write a shell script (bash) to ftp a file starting with particular name like "Latest_" that is present on a Windows box to UNIX server. Basically I want to set this script in the cron so that daily the new build that is posted on the Windows box can be downloaded to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayb4u83
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to COnnect to Oracle database from UNIX Box

I am trying to connect to Oracle Databse from UNIX box using sqlplus command. But i get sqplus not found message. $ sqlplus sqlplus: not found I have searched in forums and all are suggesting to set environment varaibles...can somebody tell me what variables to set and how to set.and the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: angelarosh
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect with oracle database using unix...

Hi all I am working in datawarehouse project and use DB2 database . shell scripting is written to connect with DB2 database in my application but i dont know how to connect with oracle databse or other databases.Is there any command in unix to connect any of these datbases? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijays3
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connect MySQL database from Unix

How to connect a MySQL database from unix using unix shell scripting ( people are using perl scrpt to connect the same database). I want to access a MySQL database through a shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
4 Replies

9. Solaris

how to connect to wireless from virtual box

hi everyone... this is my first post here please help me with this..as iam new to solaris i have installed solaris 10 on virtual box.. and am not able to connect to the internet .. is there anyway i can get connect to the net.. please help me step by step if possible... thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yrajendergoud
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect Clearcase from unix box

Hi am using unix box and am always download code from clearcase. I need to connect clearcase server from my unix box using shell script.I need to create view baseline everything using the sript. am not mention I need a code. Just anyone help me start the concept to write a code. Thanks,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
1 Replies
AUTH(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   AUTH(8)

NAME
changeuser, wrkey, convkeys, printnetkey, status, auth.srv, guard.srv - maintain authentication databases SYNOPSIS
auth/changeuser [-np] user auth/wrkey auth/convkeys [-p] keyfile auth/printnetkey user auth/status user auth/auth.srv auth/guard.srv DESCRIPTION
These administrative commands run only on the authentication server. Changeuser manipulates an authentication database file system served by keyfs(4) and used by file servers. There are two authentication databases, one holding information about Plan 9 accounts and one hold- ing SecureNet keys. A user need not be installed in both databases but must be installed in the Plan 9 database to connect to a Plan 9 service. Changeuser installs or changes user in an authentication database. It does not install a user on a Plan 9 file server; see fs(8) for that. Option -p installs user in the Plan 9 database. Changeuser asks twice for a password for the new user. If the responses do not match or the password is too easy to guess the user is not installed. Option -n installs user in the SecureNet database and prints out a key for the SecureNet box. The key is chosen by changeuser. If neither option -p or option -n is given, changeuser installs the user in the Plan 9 database. Changeuser prompts for biographical information such as email address, user name, sponsor and department number and appends it to the file /adm/netkeys.who or /adm/keys.who. Wrkey prompts for a machine key, host owner, and host domain and stores them in local non-volatile RAM. Convkeys re-encrypts the key file keyfile. Re-encryption is performed in place. Without the -p option convkeys uses the key stored in /dev/keys to decrypt the file, and encrypts it using the new key. By default, convkeys prompts twice for the new password. The -p forces convkeys to also prompt for the old password. The format of keyfile is described in keyfs(4). Printnetkey displays the network key as it should be entered into the hand-held Securenet box. Status is a shell script that prints out everything known about a user and the user's key status. Auth.srv is the program, run only on the authentication server, that handles ticket requests on IL port 566. It is started by an incoming call to the server requesting a conversation ticket; its standard input and output are the network connection. Auth.srv executes the authentication server's end of the appropriate protocol as described in auth(6). Guard.srv is similar. It is called whenever a foreign (e.g. Unix) system wants to do a SecureNet challenge/response authentication. FILES
/adm/keys.who List of users in the Plan 9 database. /adm/netkeys.who List of users in the SecureNet database. SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/auth SEE ALSO
keyfs(4), securenet(8) AUTH(8)