Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scripts not nunning in CRONTAB Post 302417458 by rsivasan on Thursday 29th of April 2010 05:21:26 PM
Old 04-29-2010
Scripts not nunning in CRONTAB

hi,

i need to run one script in cron...
in that script has connect antoher server and doing sftp for file transfer to another script.
and going to be run another script in another server

Code:
ssh ravikus\@server2 /export/home/ravikus/scripts/GetDetailsC2b.sh

it is work fine when i run directly....if i a placed in cron the script it is not run.

is it sftp and ssh connection problem?
and also i have enabled SSH authentication for server2
please help me

Regards,
Siva.....

Last edited by zaxxon; 04-30-2010 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: use code tags please, ty

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

audit to crontab scripts

hi, I have scripts which are running every 3 minutes. The scripts include connection to a database, using sqlplus. Sometimes, the connection fails (invalid username or password, locked user etc..) and the connection returns the error code, to the unix screen or to a file. I want whenever there's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krem
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab PHP scripts not ending

when i run the scripts from command line like php ./file.php they run fine and it ends. But i have them running in crontab every 5 minutes and they sometimes dont close. Can i write something to log why or force them to close after a certain amount of time by killing the pid? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrous
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger a script by consequtive scripts in crontab

Hello Friends, I've been searching solutions for an exceptional backup case recently, I need someone to guide me, suggest a method pls. In a production system we have backup scripts, they are run by cron one after another, and monthly. There is 1 hour difference between each consecutive script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
1 Replies

4. Debian

Problems with Crontab not executing scripts after edit

Hi all I installed Debian and i have a few scripts that outputs what is happening. The wierd part...after fresh install all works ok but after i open or edit Crontab it stops executing the scripts...and scripts runs manually so its not a problem with scripts...what happens is that i usually... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ro0t3d
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleted the scripts in Crontab by mistake

hi, instead of typing crontab -e i gave crontab -r and hit enter. So i lost all my scripts. Is there any way to restore the deleted scripts? Please help me out Thanks Ajay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Crontab and Scripts

I'm trying to create a crontab that runs every hour and runs a script in my $HOME/bin directory. Everytime it goes to run it I get this mail. Message 14: From root@xx.xxxx.edu Thu Apr 12 14:03:01 2012 Return-Path: <root@xx.xxxx.edu> X-Original-To: bbowers Delivered-To:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbowers
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get cron (scripts in crontab) started?

Hi, I have a query related to UNIX Crontab scripts - Issue: Server space on the db server got 100% full as a result of which the cron scripts did not run. The space utilization issue got resolved in the afternoon. The crons scheduled for a time post the resolution caught up. However the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qwerty000
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take backup of scripts listed in crontab

Hi, I'm trying to take backups of script files listed in cron tab but,my cron entry has value like this 10 3 * * * /usr/sbin/logadm 15 3 * * 0 /usr/lib/fs/nfs/nfsfind 30 3 * * * && /usr/lib/gss/gsscred_clean #10 3 * * * /usr/lib/krb5/kprop_script ___slave_kdcs___ 00,15,30,45 * * * *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sivarajan N
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log file is not updating when I run shell scripts scheduled thru crontab

Hi Forum, Good Day! I have created an empty html file wtih permissoin 777 created shell script(with permission 777) , code is below. #=======================start============== . /data09/oracle/apps_st/appl/D_oraapp095.env rm -rf /home/mnp/Test_log.txt echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kartheekbk
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple scripts in one single script - crontab

Hello all, Hope all's well. i'm not sure if this is possible but i have some scripts running in a crontab with different intervals, 1min, 5 min, etc. As for a "cleaner" and better control of these scripts (as by time we will have hundred's of scripts used for the same purpose, i.e for Nagios... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
4 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)                                                                                                                NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)