Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Alert on successfully logins
Operating Systems AIX Alert on successfully logins Post 302417056 by zaxxon on Wednesday 28th of April 2010 11:27:44 AM
Old 04-28-2010
You could use syslog.

Create a named pipe:
Code:
mkfifo /var/log/auth_pipe

Edit your /etc/syslog.conf; add something like
Code:
auth.info             /var/log/auth_pipe

Refresh your syslog to read in changes to it's config:
Code:
refresh -s syslogd

and then you can setup a cronjob for example, that reads out the named pipe to send you a report. You can also use a local username instead of a named pipe to get the messages directy displayed on the screen/terminal while they happen (can be quite disturbing) or you can use a plain file instead of a pipe which you can check later.
The file or named pipe has to exist before you do any changes/refresh to the syslogd.

Beware from deleting the entry for errpt Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Successfully Installed Solaris 8 after all.

Hello There, Aftar all i successfully installed Solaris 8 on my Primary Slave 2nd Hard disk. Here what i did. I kept my first hard disk (Windows Me) on primary Master and put my new 2nd hard disk on Primary Slave, CDROM is on Secondary slave. When i install solaris8 it ask me two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail delivered successfully?

Hi Is there any way I can know whether my mail has been delivered successfully or not....? I am using a shellscript which configures the header and the message body and also includes configurations for attachments. I use 'sendmail' to send the mails.... I have to resend the failed emails after... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amruta Pitkar
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Where we can get the logs for a command execution successfully?

Hi, How to get the logs for successfully executing of a solaris command? Where the logs will be stored? How to know that the commands is executed successfully or not? Thanks, Susi. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: susinthaa
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how could I check whether ftp a file is successfully done or not

how could i check that the ftp oof any file is successfully done. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinku
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Programs not compiling successfully

Preface: this is not a homework question. However, my teacher gave us a review packet with some C coding, and for some reason none of the C programs are compiling. First I compiled them from the shell, then I used a compiler to see if something was wrong with compiling from a shell. Both produced... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lazypeterson
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script working successfully only when executed twice

Guys, i am facing a very strange issue, my code below does an ftp to server A and gets a file to Server B, once the file is in B an if condition is present to check if the pattern of the filename is ABC* then it has to be encrypted using OPENSSL as ABC.enc else if it of pattern 123* has to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meva
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script has been executed successfully or not??

Guys, How can we know whether a script has been executed successfully or not ? We dont have any log directories, and we are not given a chance to modify the script. Could someone help me out with this Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot successfully execute .sh: su - <name> -c

Hi All, First time poster, I hope I have the basics covered. I am trying to execute a .sh but finding I am getting inconsistent results. A fresh set of eyes would be great. I am using Solaris 10 zones. So I am trying to execute a script but I am getting different results between... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: att01
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Did my script execute successfully ?

Hi, I have two scripts viz and I am running them in background. I wish to know if both the scripts completed execution successfully. So this is what I have done /tmp/commet/bin/connectdb1.sh & condb1=$? /tmp/commet/bin/connectdb2.sh & condb2=$? However, I am getting error... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print script is completed successfully or not

Hai guys I am running three shellscripts through Gtk2-Perl(GUI) these are the scripts Drccalibrescript1 script2 script3 Gtk2-Perl(GUI) drccalibre -> If I run this script through Gtk2-Perl(GUI) these are results of the drccalibrescript1 . summary/.results I have to find size of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiran425
1 Replies
listusers(1)							   User Commands						      listusers(1)

NAME
listusers - list user login information SYNOPSIS
listusers [-g groups] [-l logins] DESCRIPTION
Executed without any options, this command lists all user logins sorted by login. The output shows the login ID and the account field value from the system's password database as specified by /etc/nsswitch.conf. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -g groups Lists all user logins belonging to group, sorted by login. Multiple groups can be specified as a comma-separated list. -l logins Lists the user login or logins specified by logins, sorted by login. Multiple logins can be specified as a comma-separated list. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------------------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nsswitch.conf(4), attributes(5) NOTES
A user login is one that has a UID of 100 or greater. The -l and -g options can be combined. User logins will only be listed once, even if they belong to more than one of the selected groups. SunOS 5.11 18 Mar 1994 listusers(1)