Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Return to HTML file from shell script Post 302416933 by crille on Wednesday 28th of April 2010 05:44:15 AM
Old 04-28-2010
Return to HTML file from shell script

Hi!

I'm writing a simple script which I call on using a simple html button. The script also recives a simple argument. After the script is done I immediately want to return to my html page. But I dont know how to do that!
Code:
#!/bin/sh
echo "Content-type: text/html"
echo ""

if [ "test" = "$QUERY_STRING" ]
then echo "3" > /dev/ttyS0
fi
echo "Sent.."

Any tips would be much appreciated!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to return all the ID's from file based on the distribution ID search

Hi, Please help me out on this I have to store some distribution lists(dl) in a file say mail.txt Say the file format be d1 = alok@yahoo.co.in;alvin@rediffmail.com;vijay@yahoo.com; & so on... d2 = abhinav@gmail.com;dalpit@hotmail.com;garima@yahoo.com;& so on... d3 = .... & so on Now what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumbhatalok
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to return value in shell script

im using bourne shell In file scriptA i add a new function, test_return() test_return() { a=1 return $a } when i try execute , a='/''/scriptA test_return echo $a its give me error.. scriptA: cannot return when not in function ist any solution for this problem.. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neruppu
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shell script to parse html file

hi all, i have a html file something similar to this. <tr class="evenrow"> <td class="data">added</td><td class="data">xyz@abc.com</td> <td class="data">filename.sql</td><td class="modifications-data">08/25/2009 07:58:40</td><td class="data">Added TK prof script</td> </tr> <tr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sais
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to return a value of a variable from shell script to perl script

HI , Is there any way to return a value of variable from shell to perl script. Code: === Perl file my $diff1=system("sh diff.sh"); my $diff2=system("sh diff1.sh"); I need exit status of below commands i.e 0 and 1 respectively. Since in both the cases diff is working so system... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkelect
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHELL SCRIPT AND HTML

Hello I'm trying to develop a shell script that executes commands such as cat / etc / fstab uname, etc. ..... which generates me an output file format html own way. Currently the shell script with the commands there, I have some notions of html but the generation of my html file is not clean at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddtseb
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script that inserts a text data file into an HTML table

hi , i need to create a bash shell script that insert a text data file into an html made table, this table output has to mailed.I am new to shell scripting and have a very minimum idea of shell scripting. please help. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: intern123
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script output txt file to html table

Hi, I have script which generates the output as below: Jobname Date Time Status abc 12/9/11 17:00 Completed xyz 13/9/11 21:00 Running I have the output as a text file. I need to convert it into a HTML Table and sent it thru email ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a12ka4
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML code upload text file grep through shell script

I am looking for HTML code that browse text file and grep with database file then retrieve result txtfileuploaded contain 112233 115599 113366 shell code grep -F -f txtfileuploaded /data/database.txt result 112233 Mar 41$ 115599 Nov 44$ 113366 Oct 33$ attached... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpshell
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in using html in Shell script

Hi, I made a script that displays various fileds of report that are required in csv format and send it on mail(the csv file). Now I want to convert the csv format into html table and then send it on mail. Reports_Output.csv Code:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Supriya Singh
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script output txt file to html table

My concnern related to the post -Convert shell script output txt file to html table, in this how to print the heading as color. awk 'BEGIN{print "<table>"} {print "<tr>";for(i=1;i<=NF;i++)print "<td>" $i"</td>";print "</tr>"} END{print "</table>"}' <filename> (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarajobmai
8 Replies
escape(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							 escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)