Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Lookup two values per line (from a second file) and write the smaller value to another file Post 302416860 by malcomex999 on Wednesday 28th of April 2010 02:23:50 AM
Old 04-28-2010
Can you show your desired output too?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re-write first line of a file before printing

Morning All, Quite a simple one this, I hope. What I want to do is to re-write the first line of a file before it's sent to print. The line will be blank initially, and I want to insert some text. The operation can either be done on the file itself (modifying the file on disk), OR in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexop
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clueless about how to lookup and reverse lookup IP addresses under a file!!.pls help

Write a quick shell snippet to find all of the IPV4 IP addresses in any and all of the files under /var/lib/output/*, ignoring whatever else may be in those files. Perform a reverse lookup on each, and format the output neatly, like "IP=192.168.0.1, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: choco4202002
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write in a file with pipe also in same line

hi, i want to write in a file the output of one command and pile also the same output like ls -lrt > some_file | wc -l (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: narang.mohit
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing data from a big file using keys from another smaller file

Hi, I have 2 files format of file 1 is: a1 b2 a2 c2 d1 f3 format of file 2 is (tab delimited): a1 1.2 0.5 0.06 0.7 0.9 1 0.023 a3 0.91 0.007 0.12 0.34 0.45 1 0.7 a2 1.05 2.3 0.25 1 0.9 0.3 0.091 b1 1 5.4 0.3 9.2 0.3 0.2 0.1 b2 3 5 7 0.9 1 9 0 1 b3 0.001 1 2.3 4.6 8.9 10 0 1 0... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how read specific line in a file and write it in a new text file?

I have list of files in a directory 'dir'. Each file is of type HTML. I need to read each file and get the string which starts with 'http' and write them in a new text file. How can i do this shell scripting? file1.html <head> <url>http://www.google.com</url> </head> file2.html <head>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count the lines with the same values in a column and write the output to a file

Hey everyone! I have a tab delimited data set which I want to create an output contained the calculation of number of those lines with a certain value in 2nd and 3rd column. my input file is like this: ID1 1 10M AAATTTCCGG ID2 5 4M ACGT ID3 5 8M ACCTTGGA ID4 5 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lookup field values in two fixed format file in UNIX - not working

I have 2 fixed length files input#1 & input#2. I want to match the rows based on the value in position 37-50 in both files (pos 37-50 will have same value in both files). If any matching record is found then cut the value against company code & Invoice number from input file #1 (position 99 until... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lingaraju
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I write variables to same line of a file?

I am trying to keep variables in a file. if I have all variables at the same time, I can write them all like below. echo $var1","$var2","$var3 But, these variables are being calculated at different times then they are lost so I want to keep them in a file seperated by "," . echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snr_silencer
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to lookup stored variable in file and print matching line

The bash bash below extracts the oldest folder from a directory and stores it in filename That result will match a line in bold in input. In the matching line there is an_xxx digit in italics that (once the leading zero is removed) will match a line in link. That is the lint to print in output.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a text file into smaller files with awk, how to create a different name for each new file

Hello, I have some large text files that look like, putrescine Mrv1583 01041713302D 6 5 0 0 0 0 999 V2000 2.0928 -0.2063 0.0000 N 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5.6650 0.2063 0.0000 N 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3.5217 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies
isdnbill(1)						       Linux System Commands						       isdnbill(1)

NAME
isdnbill - report isdn costs DESCRIPTION
isdnbill is a simple and imperfect utility to show the bill for ISDN calls. Note that it is only for indicative purposes! It works best in Germany, and even then there are no guarantees. Consider its use for educational purposes only... For better results, use isdnrep. OPTIONS
-V show version -a show all connections -e show incomplete calls -f recalculate costs _always_ -i show incoming calls -m prices without VAT -n do _not_ replace numbers with aliases -o show outgoing calls -t show only current connections -vn verbose level n -Nnnn show only calls with the specified number -I show only calls on the internal S0 bus -E show only calls on the external S0 bus FILES
/var/log/isdn.log or /var/lib/isdn/calls isdnlog log file with information about all calls. /etc/isdn/isdn.conf general configuration /etc/isdn/callerid.conf aliases for telephone numbers SEE ALSO
isdnlog(5) isdnlog(8) isdnrep(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Paul Slootman <paul@debian.org>, for Debian GNU/Linux. ISDN 4 Linux 3.13 2003-10-14 isdnbill(1)