Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to assign record count output of isql to a shell variable ? Post 302416699 by vidyadhar85 on Tuesday 27th of April 2010 01:12:47 PM
Old 04-27-2010
Code:
variable=`isql << eof
select count(*) from Table
eof`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to assign an output to a variable

Hi, I am giving a grep command, and i am getting the output. i want to store it in a variable for eg a = grep '12345' /dir/1/2/log.txt ( the output is number) b= grep 'basic' /dir/1/2/log1.txt (in this case the output is character) so how to assign the output of grep to a variable ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to assign sql output data to shell script variable

Hi Guys ! I am new to unix and want to find out how we can make sql statement data to shell script variable? Any help/suggestion is greatly appreciated -Chandra (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kattics
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting value of Shell variable from within ISQL

Hi Guys, Need help. I am using ISQL inside a shell script. Is there a way to set the value of shell script variable from inside the ISQL code. I do not want to write the results from the SQL to an output file. Please let me know. Regards, Tipsy. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipsy
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with Isql record count

What I am trying to do is check if the database query returned any records. If no records returned then output a message else output results to a file. Right now if I take out the if and else statements the code runs fine and sends the email. If no records returned the email sends the column... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnu122
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting variable for query using iSql / Korn Shell

Hi All- First time using iSql. I have 4 query files - some have more than 1 line of sql statements After a bit of research it appears I can just use the -i command and specify the input file. Questions: Does it matter that there are multiple queries in each file? Do I need to have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cailet
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign perl output to ksh shell variable

Hello, I am writing a ksh script on an AIX system. I need to get the date and time from a file into a variable. I found the following perl script from another post on this site and modified it slightly to output the format I need: perl -e '@d=localtime ((stat(shift)));... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swimp
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use shell variable in isql

Hi , I want to use shell variable in isql. example.. $ksh ./sudh.ksh "2041qwer" sudh.ksh is my script passing the perameter "2041qwer" Code in my script : =========== $SYBASE/$SYBASE_OCS/bin/isql -I$SYBASE/interfaces -S$OTHRSRVR -U$SYBUSER -P$SYBPASS -w... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhakarpasala
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign value from isql to UNIX variable

I want output to be assigned to UNIX variables echo "Enter RRS ID: " read rrs isql -SPROD_DDS -USYBUSER -PSYBPASS -b -osfg.out << EOF use sip go set nocount on select issuerId, legalStructTxt, productName, issuerName from sf_product where rrsId = $rrs go EOF (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayDoshi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return value inside isql to a shell variable in ksh

Hello, I have a shell script where I am doing an isql to select some records. the result i get from the select statement is directed to an output file. I want to assign the result to a Shell variable so that I can use the retrieved in another routine. e.g. "isql -U${USER} -P${PASSWD} -S${SERVER}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RookieDev
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the output of a ISQL command in a variable?

I am trying to run a query which returns a sum value(a number). I want to get it in a variable so that i can refer to that variable in different places. when i am running the following command variable=`isql -Uuser -Sserver -Ppassword 1> select sum(count(*)) from xyz..abc where clm_id... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharma331
2 Replies
SA1(8)								Linux User's Manual							    SA1(8)

NAME
sa1 - Collect and store binary data in the system activity daily data file. SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib64/sa/sa1 [ --boot | interval count ] DESCRIPTION
The sa1 command is a shell procedure variant of the sadc command and handles all of the flags and parameters of that command. The sa1 com- mand collects and stores binary data in the /var/log/sa/sadd file, where the dd parameter indicates the current day. The interval and count parameters specify that the record should be written count times at interval seconds. If no arguments are given to sa1 then a single record is written. The sa1 command is designed to be started automatically by the cron command. OPTIONS
--boot This option tells sa1 that the sadc command should be called without specifying the interval and count parameters in order to insert a dummy record, marking the time when the counters restarts from 0. EXAMPLE
To collect data (including those from disks) every 10 minutes, place the following entry in your root crontab file: 0,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * /usr/lib64/sa/sa1 1 1 -S DISK FILES
/var/log/sa/sadd Indicate the daily data file, where the dd parameter is a number representing the day of the month. AUTHOR
Sebastien Godard (sysstat <at> orange.fr) SEE ALSO
sar(1), sadc(8), sa2(8), sadf(1), sysstat(5) http://pagesperso-orange.fr/sebastien.godard/ Linux FEBRUARY 2012 SA1(8)