Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu have a problem with kubuntu 9.10 Post 302416470 by Corona688 on Monday 26th of April 2010 02:24:50 PM
Old 04-26-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by basel77
hi , i`m a new user to Linux os , when i setup kubuntu 9.10 in my laptop ( dell inspiron 1525 ) , i `had some problem :.

1- no sound , and i can`t now why ?
Laptop hardware is frequently very finicky, requiring laptop-specific fixes that are impossible for an installer to detect. The Kubuntu or Ubuntu forums may able to help you with more specifics here.
Quote:
2- no internet Whether , wire or wireless cuz my comp could n`t Recognizes network card or wireless card
Which wireless card? What does 'lspci' show?
Quote:
3- can`t see or play any movie or game
Could you be more specific?
Quote:
also in my network should write the ip adress , getaway , Dns server and alternative Dns manually , but i cant get local area connection properties
You don't have 'local area connection properties' since this is not Windows. Where and what it actually is depends on the distro.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Wireless on Kubuntu 5.10

Hello everybody: Can you help me, I have installed the Kubunto on my laptop, my wireless connection it is with an Linksys WPC54G adapter. I tried with several tools to use it but just do not work. Please help me!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GEIER
2 Replies

2. Ubuntu

kubuntu installation problem

Hi, i had a problem during kubuntu installation from ubuntu and now i can't start ubuntu correctly. it loads only desktop and doesn't work. Is there a way to solve this problem? I have ubuntu 8.10 2.6.27-7 generic (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleboyblu
0 Replies
install_sound(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					    install_sound(3alleg4)

NAME
install_sound - Initialises the sound module. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int install_sound(int digi, int midi, const char *cfg_path); DESCRIPTION
Initialises the sound module. You should normally pass DIGI_AUTODETECT and MIDI_AUTODETECT as the driver parameters to this function, in which case Allegro will read hardware settings from the current configuration file. This allows the user to select different values with the setup utility: see the config section for details. Alternatively, see the platform specific documentation for a list of the available drivers. The cfg_path parameter is only present for compatibility with previous versions of Allegro, and has no effect on anything. RETURN VALUE
Returns zero if the sound is successfully installed, and -1 on failure. If it fails it will store a description of the problem in alle- gro_error. SEE ALSO
remove_sound(3alleg4), reserve_voices(3alleg4), detect_digi_driver(3alleg4), detect_midi_driver(3alleg4), set_volume(3alleg4), play_sam- ple(3alleg4), play_midi(3alleg4), play_audio_stream(3alleg4), install_sound_input(3alleg4), allegro_error(3alleg4), set_mixer_qual- ity(3alleg4), exmidi(3alleg4), exsample(3alleg4), exsprite(3alleg4), exstream(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 install_sound(3alleg4)