Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO Open Server
Operating Systems SCO SCO Open Server Post 302416406 by kennyruss on Monday 26th of April 2010 10:42:18 AM
Old 04-26-2010
the contents of the unix file that I loaded onto the system or the contents of the 8700 software that I am trying to load onto unix??

thanks

kenny

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Connect - SCO Open Server

Hello.. Please helppppppp...!!! I am using SCO Open Server version 5.0 at work. I am trying to find a third party software to use on my computer at home which has windows 98 on it to do remote connect to my work. Is there any such software ? I know there is PC ANYWHERE but i don't think it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackpotp
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sco open server 5.0.6

I'm new to the whole Unix thing and have inherited a network running Macs, Windows 2000 and Unix. The Unix side is very suspect at this point and I want to change out the server. I'd love to use one of the new Apple servers but can't find any info on what "flavors" of Unix it will run. Specificly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: matthewd
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO Open Server 5.05 Installaltuion

I'm in the process of installing SCO Open Server 5.05 on the following platform: Hardware: IBM 300PL 64 MB RAM Yamaha 16/4/16 CDRW (Internal defined on SCSI ID 3 LUN 0) I'm able to boot from the CD and advance to the Installation screen but when it asks for where the media source will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
3 Replies

4. SCO

SCO Open Server.

Dear All, I am considering installing SCO Open Server as an alternative to MS Exchange. Has anybody had any real world experience of using Open Office? Thanks, TC. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TCuk
1 Replies

5. SCO

Sco Open Server 5.05

How can I to know procesor type. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Batya
1 Replies

6. SCO

Purchase of SCO Open Server 6.0

I have to purchase SCO Open Server 6.0, so I want to know from where I can get SCO Open Server 6.0 and what is the min. cost in which I can avail this. Thanks and Regards Himanshu Software Engineer R&D Department (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
4 Replies

7. Programming

GCC Compiler for SCO Open Server 5.0.7

If only SCO UNIX was as easy as Debian :mad: I intend to compile some c scripts but realized that I hadn't installed GCC on my SCO UNIX, after trying to install the package from a CD (Development Kit) and failing (Something to do with the License) ... I decided to download a Media image from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itmon
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO Open Server 6 - System Halt

========================================================= Errrr previously post: https://www.unix.com/sco/140055-sco-open-server-6-system-halt.html Then I think it's better to post here. If I wrong, please ignore. ========================================================= Dear All, Newbie... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: virgani
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Foxbase 2.1.2d in Sco Unix Open Server 5.0.7

Hi my name is Danilo. I'm trying to install Sco foxbase + 2.1.2d. When i tried to install it with "custom" command, i receive the error: "sed: cannot open: ./tmp/perms/prep/*/prep.message: No such file or directory (error 2) The Operative System is Sco Open Server 5.0.7v (the virtualized version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danilosevilla
1 Replies

10. SCO

Foxbase 2.1.2d in Sco Unix Open Server 5.0.7

Hi my name is Danilo. I'm trying to install Sco foxbase + 2.1.2d. When i tried to install it with "custom" command, i receive the error: "sed: cannot open: ./tmp/perms/prep/*/prep.message: No such file or directory (error 2) The Operative System is Sco Open Server 5.0.7v (the virtualized version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danilosevilla
1 Replies
RUMP_SERVER(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					    RUMP_SERVER(1)

NAME
rump_server, rump_allserver -- rump kernel server SYNOPSIS
rump_server [-s] [-c ncpu] [-d drivespec] [-l library] [-m module] url DESCRIPTION
The rump_server utility is used to provide a rump kernel service. Clients can use the system calls provided by rump_server via url. The difference between rump_server and rump_allserver is that rump_server offers only a minimalistic set of features, while rump_allserver provides all rump kernel components which were available when the system was built. At execution time it is possible to load components from the command line as described in the options section. -c ncpu Configure ncpu virtual CPUs on SMP-capable archs. By default, the number of CPUs equals the number of CPUs on the host. -d drivespec The argument drivespec maps a host file in the rump fs namespace. The string drivespec must be of comma-separated ``name=value'' format and must contain the following tokens: key Block device path in rump namespace. This must be specified according to the rules for a key in rump_etfs(3). hostpath Host file used for storage. If the file does not exist, it will be created. size Size of the mapping. Similar to dd(1), this argument accepts a suffix as the multiplier for the number. The special value ``host'' indicates that the current size of hostpath will be used. In this case it is assumed that hostpath exists and is a regular file. OR disklabel Use a disklabel partition identifier to specify the offset and size of the mapping. hostpath must contain an existing and valid disklabel within the first 64k. The following are optional: offset Offset of the mapping. The window into hostpath therefore is [offset, offset+size]. In case this parameter is not given, the default value 0 is used. type The type of file that key is exposed as within the rump kernel. The possibilities are ``blk'', ``chr'', and ``reg'' for block device, character device and regular file, respectively. The default is a block device. Note: the contents of block devices are cached in the rump kernel's buffer cache. To avoid cache incoherency, it is advisable not to access a file through the host namespace while it is mapped as a block device in a rump kernel. In case hostpath does not exist, it will be created as a regular file with mode 0644 (plus any restrictions placed by umask). In case hostpath is a regular file and is not large enough to accommodate the specified size, it will be extended to the specified size. -l library Call dlopen() on library before initializing the rump kernel. In case library provides a kernel module, it will appear as a builtin module in the rump kernel. Any rump component present in library will also be initialized. The argument library can contain a full path or a filename, in which case the standard dynamic library search path will be used. Libraries are loaded in the order they are given. Dependencies are not autoloaded, and the order must be specified correctly. -m module Load and link a kernel module after the rump kernel is initialized. For this to work, the rump kernel must include the vfs faction, since the module is loaded using kernel vfs code (see EXAMPLES). -r total_ram Sets the limit of kernel memory allocatable by the server to total_ram as opposed to the default which allows the server to allocate as much memory as the host will give it. This parameter is especially useful for VFS servers, since by default the virtual file sys- tem will attempt to consume as much memory as it can, and accessing large files can cause an excessive amount of memory to be used as file system cache. -s Do not detach from the terminal. By default, rump_server detaches from the terminal once the service is running on url. -v Set bootverbose. After use, rump_server can be made to exit using rump.halt(1). EXAMPLES
Start a server and load the tmpfs file system module, and halt the server immediately afterwards: $ rump_server -lrumpvfs -m /modules/tmpfs.kmod unix://sock $ env RUMP_SERVER=unix://sock rump.halt Start a server with the one gigabyte host file dk.img mapped as the block device /dev/dk in the rump kernel. $ rump_allserver -d key=/dev/dk,hostpath=dk.img,size=1g unix://sock Start a server which listens on INADDR_ANY port 3755 $ rump_server tcp://0:3755/ Start a FFS server with a 16MB kernel memory limit. $ rump_server -lrumpvfs -lrumpfs_ffs -r 16m unix:///tmp/ffs_server SEE ALSO
rump.halt(1), dlopen(3), rump(3), rump_sp(7) BSD
February 21, 2011 BSD