Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to write a shell script to connect to another server? Post 302416137 by Angelo on Sunday 25th of April 2010 05:13:27 AM
Old 04-25-2010
I thank both Corona and Verde for the replies.

Corona, I need some more information.

1.First I have to install SSH
2.Afterwards I have to install SCP

I hope the above is correct. Please tell me if I am wrong.

Even my friends have to do the same thing. Otherwise they can't copy files and folders from my system. Please tell me if I am wrong.
I don't know very much about these things. I am here to learn.
…................................................................................................... ............................
Verde wants me to repost the script. I will do so when time permits.
Time is the biggest enemy for me. I work and study. I am studying a course on server virtualization. On top of this I go to the gym 5 times a week for circuit-training. I come home everyday around 10 o'clock. No time at all!

It seems Verde has some experience of Windows environment too. I remember cygwin. I had it some years ago. It mimics the Linux command line.

So both cygwin and pscp are necessary for Windows clients.
I run Linux. If my friends have Microsoft, they must install both cygwin and pscp.
Please tell me if I am wrong.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for how to connect to a remote server by using ssh

i want to connect to a remote server through ssh. i have to also provide password within that script. after connecting to the remote server i want to do some operations like grep,cd etc can u pls help me to wite a script. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: millan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a shell script for rsync to remote server?

Hello, Can you help me to write a shell script for rsync a folder from my server to remote server ? i do this in ssh by this command : rsync -avz -e ssh /copy/me/ login@serverip:/where/to i want have a shell script that do this command. and you know that this command ask remote... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Desperados
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to connect to another server and copying files

Hi Unix Gurus, I have a doubt reg file transfer. I have used the below script to connect to another server and find files having modified for the last 24 hours and have to move the file to another server. While i tried i am getting authentication failed, destination path not found issue. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: incepted
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to SQL server from shell script

Hi all, I need to connect to SQL server from shell script. Then need to execute queries from shell script. Kindly let me know on how to do this Thanks, Ananthi.U (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ananthi_ku
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Hi all, I need to connect to SQL server from shell script. Then need to execute queries from shell script as below 1. To compare values of an array with SQL table's entry. Kindly let me know on how to do this Thanks, Double post. Continue here (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbhelave
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi all, I need to connect to SQL server from shell script. Then need to execute queries from shell script as below 1. To compare values of an array with SQL table's entry. I am using solaris-5.1 to run shell script and want to connect to SQL-5.1 which is installed on SantOS. Kindly let... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbhelave
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect (SSH) to Windows server via Linux server through a script and passing command.. but failing

I am trying to connect to Windows server via Linux server through a script and run two commands " cd and ls " But its giving me error saying " could not start the program" followed by the command name i specify e g : "cd" i am trying in this manner " ssh username@servername "cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil seelam
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to connect from one server to other

Dear Experts, I am new to the shell scripting. I am looking for a shell script to connect to one Unix/Linux server1 to other Unix/Linux server2 and trigger a SAP Event in that server2 (Which will trigger a job in SAP). Is this possible to connect from one server to the other server securely... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venu V Reddy
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to write if condition in shell script for application server?

Hi all, I have a code to create folder in application server through shell script and i want to create if conditional based folder folder=$HOME/test/sample/whatever if ; then echo "$folder already exists, not created." else mkdir -p "$folder" > /dev/null 2>&1 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boost
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to connect to Oracle server from shell script

Hi, I am facing an issue in connecting to database from Linux shell script. Here is my code export ORACLE_BASE=xxx export ORACLE_SID=xxx export ORACLE_HOME=xxxx DB_PATH=xxx/'yyy@yy' UserId=`sqlplus -s $DB_PATH <<EOF set head off feedback off select max(USER_ID)+1 from USERS;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvi
6 Replies
mkbundle(mkbundle 1.0)													    mkbundle(mkbundle 1.0)

NAME
mkbundle, mkbundle2 - Creates a bundled executable. SYNOPSIS
mkbundle [options] assembly1 [assembly2 ...] DESCRIPTION
mkbundle generates an executable program that will contain static copies of the assemblies listed on the command line. By default only the assemblies specified in the command line will be included in the bundle. To automatically include all of the dependencies referenced, use the "--deps" command line option. Use mkbundle when you want the startup runtime to load the 1.0 profile, and use mkbundle2 when you want the startup runtime to load the 2.0 profile. For example, to create a bundle for hello world, use the following command: $ mkbundle -o hello hello.exe The above will pull hello.exe into a native program called "hello". Notice that the produced image still contains the CIL image and no precompilation is done. In addition, it is possible to control whether mkbundle should compile the resulting executable or not with the -c option. This is useful if you want to link additional libraries or control the generated output in more detail. For example, this could be used to link some libraries statically: $ mkbundle -c -o host.c -oo bundles.o --deps hello.exe $ cc host.c bundles.o /usr/lib/libmono.a -lc -lrt You may also use mkbundle to generate a bundle you can use when embedding the Mono runtime in a native application. In that case, use both the -c and --nomain options. The resulting host.c file will not have a main() function. Call mono_mkbundle_init() before initializing the JIT in your code so that the bundled assemblies are available to the embedded runtime. OPTIONS
-c Produce the stub file, do not compile the resulting stub. -o filename Places the output on `out'. If the flag -c is specified, this is the C host program. If not, this contains the resulting exe- cutable. -oo filename Specifies the name to be used for the helper object file that contains the bundle. -L path Adds the `path' do the search list for assemblies. The rules are the same as for the compiler -lib: or -L flags. Specifies that a machine.config file must be bundled as well. Typically this is $prefix/etc/mono/1.0/machine.config or $prefix/etc/mono/2.0/machine.config depending on the profile that you are using (1.0 or 2.0) --nodeps This is the default: mkbundle will only include the assemblies that were specified on the command line to reduce the size of the resulting image created. --deps This option will bundle all of the referenced assemblies for the assemblies listed on the command line option. This is useful to distribute a self-contained image. --keeptemp By default mkbundle will delete the temporary files that it uses to produce the bundle. This option keeps the file around. --machine-config FILE Uses the given FILE as the machine.config file for the generated application. --nomain With the -c option, generate the host stub without a main() function. --config-dir DIR When passed, DIR will be set for the MONO_CFG_DIR environment variable --static By default mkbundle dynamically links to mono and glib. This option causes it to statically link instead. Important: Since the Mono runtime is licensed under the LGPL, even if you use static you should transfer the component pieces of the mkbundle to your users so they are able to upgrade the Mono runtime on their own. If you want to use this for commercial licenses, you must obtain a proprietary license for Mono from mono@novell.com -z Compresses the assemblies before embedding. This results in smaller executable files, but increases startup time and requires zlib to be installed on the target system. WINDOWS
On Windows systems, it it necessary to have Unix-like toolchain to be installed for mkbundle to work. You can use cygwin's and install gcc, gcc-mingw and as packages. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
AS Assembler command. The default is "as". CC C compiler command. The default is "cc" under Linux and "gcc -mno-cygwin" under Windows. MONO_BUNDLED_OPTIONS Options to be passed to the bundled Mono runtime, separated by spaces. See the mono(1) manual page or run mono --help. FILES
This program will load referenced assemblies from the Mono assembly cache. BUGS
The option "--static" is not supported under Windows. Moreover, a full cygwin environment containing at least "gcc" and "as" is required for the build process. The generated executable does not depend on cygwin. MAILING LISTS
Visit http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-devel-list for details. WEB SITE
Visit: http://www.mono-project.com for details SEE ALSO
mcs(1),mono(1),mono-config(5). mkbundle(mkbundle 1.0)