Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? How to become good UNIX engineer Post 302415900 by Corona688 on Friday 23rd of April 2010 04:30:00 PM
Old 04-23-2010
Use, actually seriously use a UNIX machine for day to day things, don't just administer a remote box. You'll find where the holes in your knowledge are real fast when you need to do general things that weren't in the admin book. A big blank spot for a lot of folks seems to be awk, me included. I'm continually amazed at the one-line-wonders the regulars pump out while I'm still crafting a ten line bash script.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good Unix Shells ?

Hey Guys i am new to Unix and i have downlaoded Cygwin for Windows and deleted it. I was just wondering is there any good shells like that for windows that just as good thanks for your time ][ce (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IceCold
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the industry standard for number of servers per Unix/Linux engineer?

What is the industry standard for number of servers per Unix/Linux engineer and are there any white papers or the like that discuss this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rav78uk
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Information on Network engineer and Unix Systems Engineer

Hi, I'm exploring a few different careers( Unix System's Admin, Network Engineer, and Unix System's Engineer). I asked in another thread about System's Admin, so I have some more info on that already. I'm not finding very much info on Network Engineers or Unix System Engineers though. Can you guys... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpicracing
0 Replies

4. Advertise with Us

Systems Engineer- Emeryville, CA (UNIX, C)

Systems Engineer- Emeryville, CA (UNIX, C) Gracenote is seeking a Systems Engineer to develop features and fixes in Gracenote's online media recognition service. You will contribute regularly to team design and code reviews, and be responsible for the analysis and resolution of software defects... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwilliams
0 Replies
Test::Unit::Assertion(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Test::Unit::Assertion(3pm)

NAME
Test::Unit::Assertion - The abstract base class for assertions NAME
Any assertion class that expects to plug into Test::Unit::Assert needs to implement this interface. Required methods new Creates a new assertion object. Takes whatever arguments you desire. Isn't strictly necessary for the framework to work with this class but is generally considered a good idea. do_assertion This is the important one. If Test::Unit::Assert::assert is called with an object as its first argument then it does: $_[0]->do_assertion(@_[1 .. $#_]) || $self->fail("Assertion failed"); This means that "do_assertion" should return true if the assertion succeeds and false if it doesn't. Or, you can fail by throwing a Test::Unit::Failure object, which will get caught further up the stack and used to produce a sensible error report. Generally it's good practice for do_assertion to die with a meaningful error on assertion failure rather than just returning false. AUTHOR
Copyright (c) 2001 Piers Cawley <pdcawley@iterative-software.com>. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
o Test::Unit::Assert o Test::Unit::CodeRef o Test::Unit::Regexp perl v5.8.8 2006-09-13 Test::Unit::Assertion(3pm)